DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S Owners in Europe and ads b air sense

Tadass910

Reactions
Do ppl from Europe have this option, do it works in Europe or only in usa?

because this picture is taken from review that person has S version in usa.

other picture is no airsense with ma2 in Europe, but model ending 3W

Attachments

• 418FDC0C-DFCE-4740-9036-392F67D4244F.png
    418FDC0C-DFCE-4740-9036-392F67D4244F.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 35
  • BD1A35DE-45DE-4CE6-83EC-C78D458A5A81.png
    BD1A35DE-45DE-4CE6-83EC-C78D458A5A81.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
Do ppl from Europe have this option, do it works in Europe or only in usa?

because this picture is taken from review that person has S version in usa.

other picture is no airsense with ma2 in Europe, but model ending 3W
From my understanding:

In Europe, only the Air2S has adsb enabled...on the MA2 it’s only possible with modded DJI fly app which is available here:

But why S enabled by default and mavic air 2 not? It’s the same hardware and can be enabled by software, I don’t get it, why DJI doing this nonsense

From what I've pieced together from different threads and news articles over the past year only the NA MA2 came standard with ads-b. I've heard chip shortages, governing body conflicts and more as reasons for it. I also saw where some of the later runs of the European MA2 actually had the hardware installed but not activated so if you put your device into airplane mode and or spoofed your GPS location before starting Fly the pop-up for Airsense/ ads-b was available but as soon as the drone itself acquired enough satellites to determine its location then ads-b turned itself off and became hidden in the app as if it was never there to begin with. Since I'm in the US I can't say with any certainty that what I've read is true because I can't try it out but that's what I've read here and seen on YT a few times. And one of the updates I got for Fly turned off ads-b, reset the parameter to high risk only and then moved it to a different menu making it hard to find and reactivate. As another example of how wacky things can be I know that for me on the Mini2( but not my MA2 for some reason)if I use an older version of Fly I can input my FAA number to broadcast as a UUID in one drop down menu with one name but on a newer version it's location is somewhere else in the menus and is called Airsense so you have to look in a different spot under a different name for the same thing.

But why S enabled by default and mavic air 2 not? It’s the same hardware and can be enabled by software, I don’t get it, why DJI doing this nonsense
Long story short, not all MA2 models sold outside North America have the required hardware and DJI just didn't want to worry about ton of support calls "but I bought the same drone as my neighbour and mine has less features". Furthermore, they still have 1N models (without ADS-B hardware) in stock (friend of mine bought one brand new just a couple of weeks ago) and they couldn't possibly sell those anymore, not without a significant discount and with probably a new name to make it clear for customers, way too messy....

I'll tell you why. In January 2020 with supply chains under pressure DJI ran out of chips for ADS-B and for Europe that meant you had two MA2 models. One with ADS-B hardware (3W) and one without (1N). Remember 1N users paid full price for their drones without this hardware.

They purposefully did not release ADS-B on MA2 EUR models because they knew they had a couple of thousand drones out there that did not have the required hardware for ADS-B. If they unlocked the feature these 1N customers would flock back to the stores and demand refunds or fixes for this. Zoom forward and we have a MA2S which would divert attention from the above. They could then conveniently hide the fact that they screwed their customers and because its a "new" drone it now has ADS-B for Europe.

It was NEVER a regulation thing. They shafted early adopters and made them pay full price for features they ADVERTISED and never unlocked to save a buck.

I am considering a class action lawsuit against them to unlock feature for MA2 (3W) owners and make right with 1N owners by retrofitting hardware and swapping units out for 3W units at the very least. If you have one of these 1N units please PM me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929