DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe fly zone in/around London

Does anyone know a good place to fly a drone in London?
I live in south West London which is a non fly area.

as others have said, Richmond Park is good, wide ope spaces, and friendly public, quite interested in what you are doing, and it's allowed to fly 100% in the designated area... park at Sheen Gate Parking - Free

Hi guys, newbie here. I have yet to get a drone but I am researching areas where I may be able to fly my M2P which I am waiting to order as soon as the initial hype has cleared up and some genuine user reviews come in. Currently in Chiswick (west London) I happen to go running at Gunnersbury Park which is a massively ideal location with a very wide, open central space. Unfortunately Ealing Council does not permit drone flying on park premises. Interestingly though, they do allow "model aircraft" as long as pilots are "respectful of other park users". I'm a bit confused on what exactly is the difference between flying a drone and a model aircraft, apart from a camera & gimbal....which may also be fitted on a model aircraft?

I'm thinking of heading over to Richmond Park as thats the only name that pops up repeatedly on my online searches. Being close to Heathrow doesn't help either!

Hi guys, newbie here. I have yet to get a drone but I am researching areas where I may be able to fly my M2P which I am waiting to order as soon as the initial hype has cleared up and some genuine user reviews come in. Currently in Chiswick (west London) I happen to go running at Gunnersbury Park which is a massively ideal location with a very wide, open central space. Unfortunately Ealing Council does not permit drone flying on park premises. Interestingly though, they do allow "model aircraft" as long as pilots are "respectful of other park users". I'm a bit confused on what exactly is the difference between flying a drone and a model aircraft, apart from a camera & gimbal....which may also be fitted on a model aircraft?

I'm thinking of heading over to Richmond Park as thats the only name that pops up repeatedly on my online searches. Being close to Heathrow doesn't help either!
Hanworth Park is allowed.. Richmond Park too.. And the rest just use Drone Assist app and look at the warning, stick to park byelaws (lots of gooogling) and will be fine

Reactions: darkblack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike