DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe flying location in Tucson

Shaficool11

Reactions
Hi,
I live in Tucson. But I am finding a hard time to find a place from where I can legally take off and land my DJI mini 2. All the parks seem to ban drone flight. Can I take off and land from the road of or sidewalk of Diamond St loop and fly it over rillito river? I am new in the country that's why little bit of afraid of people calling the cops on me for flying drones. Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi,
I live in Tucson. But I am finding a hard time to find a place from where I can legally take off and land my DJI mini 2. All the parks seem to ban drone flight. Can I take off and land from the road of or sidewalk of Diamond St loop and fly it over rillito river? I am new in the country that's why little bit of afraid of people calling the cops on me for flying drones. Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.
A fun place to fly is off east Redington Rd. on the east side of Tucson. Lot's of open space on either side of the dirt road. Most cars can make the first mile or two easily allowing you to reach the parking and trails to Tanque Verde wash and falls, which are also scenic. I usually park and hike closer to where I want to fly, but have also flown from the side of the dirt road. Check it out on Google Earth. Beware of random low aircraft and check B4UFly app before flying. Also, there's a lot of traffic and people on weekends.

A fun place to fly is off east Redington Rd. on the east side of Tucson. Lot's of open space on either side of the dirt road. Most cars can make the first mile or two easily allowing you to reach the parking and trails to Tanque Verde wash and falls, which are also scenic. I usually park and hike closer to where I want to fly, but have also flown from the side of the dirt road. Check it out on Google Earth. Beware of random low aircraft and check B4UFly app before flying. Also, there's a lot of traffic and people on weekends.

Very nice video and location info. from another MA 2 pilot in Tucson.

Reactions: Gringorio
Visiting Tucson for a few days.
Brought my MA2.

Charging batteries now.
Give me a shout.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member