DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saigon police shot down drone operators using EM Pulse rifles.

Saigondroner

Reactions
So they think its a good idea to shoot down a drone that is flying nice and safely so it can fall out of the sky and hit anything or anyone when it crashes to the ground :rolleyes:

Those were my exact thoughts also. I go to enormous lengths to ensure safety, yet the government feels knocking out of sky is OK.

Is there a translation?

It's possible the aircraft didn't crash but merely "Landed In Place" which is possible with many of the Anti-Drone systems on the market today.

Why was a series of drone shot down while shooting fireworks scenes in Ho Chi Minh City?
TECHNOLOGY
- 18:21, January 1, 2020

When shooting fireworks to celebrate the New Year in Ho Chi Minh City, a series of drones were shot down by a device to control unmanned aircraft, called CA-18.

On the morning of January 1, in many groups about flycams on social networks, Facebook appeared to share about situations where the loss of a drone did not understand the reason while filming a fireworks scene in Ho Chi Minh City.

Dang Van Hai's account posted: "Last night, my friend flying at Landmark 81 fell 1 Mavic 2 pro, today needs to buy a new child to go to work."
Khanh Hung Nguyen wrote: “Dji mavic mini, samsung 32gb memory card. Just fell in Tran Nao last night. If anyone can have it, please be grateful to receive her back. ” Another account with the name Aaron Dung was witty: "Yesterday, I was safe because I went to bed".
1577877620-3076-44aa36e7d6a73ff966b6.jpg
A lot of information about finding a drone shot down while filming a fireworks scene in Ho Chi Minh City appeared on Facebook this morning.
According to the research, the lycam was shot down by the unmanned aircraft suppression device, called CA-18, researched and manufactured by the Military Technical Academy. This is one of the suppression tools designed to optimize wave breaking performance with today's popular drone drones on the market.
This device has the ability to suppress, reduce the control signal of the drone, thereby causing it to "lose control" and fall to the ground or narrow the range of the drone.

In some situations, this device can even suppress multiple drones at the same time when the drones fly in the same direction with close distance from each other.
1577877620-8683-249a5cd7bc9755c90c86.jpg
The device to control drones or flycam CA-18 is used to shoot down drones when shooting fireworks scenes in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to the regulations on the management of unmanned aircraft and ultralight aircraft, prohibited acts include: organizing flight operations without permission, organizing flight operations in the wrong areas, regulations, limitation allowed; violating regulations on management of territories and national borders.
Individuals and organizations may be sanctioned for violating regulations on using drones in Vietnam.

Imperial

According to the Laborer
WATCH NOW
Mgid

• Wow
Reactions: GregE and JS1600
Why was a series of drone shot down while shooting fireworks scenes in Ho Chi Minh City?
TECHNOLOGY
- 18:21, January 1, 2020

When shooting fireworks to celebrate the New Year in Ho Chi Minh City, a series of drones were shot down by a device to control unmanned aircraft, called CA-18.

On the morning of January 1, in many groups about flycams on social networks, Facebook appeared to share about situations where the loss of a drone did not understand the reason while filming a fireworks scene in Ho Chi Minh City.

Dang Van Hai's account posted: "Last night, my friend flying at Landmark 81 fell 1 Mavic 2 pro, today needs to buy a new child to go to work."
Khanh Hung Nguyen wrote: “Dji mavic mini, samsung 32gb memory card. Just fell in Tran Nao last night. If anyone can have it, please be grateful to receive her back. ” Another account with the name Aaron Dung was witty: "Yesterday, I was safe because I went to bed".
1577877620-3076-44aa36e7d6a73ff966b6.jpg
A lot of information about finding a drone shot down while filming a fireworks scene in Ho Chi Minh City appeared on Facebook this morning.
According to the research, the lycam was shot down by the unmanned aircraft suppression device, called CA-18, researched and manufactured by the Military Technical Academy. This is one of the suppression tools designed to optimize wave breaking performance with today's popular drone drones on the market.
This device has the ability to suppress, reduce the control signal of the drone, thereby causing it to "lose control" and fall to the ground or narrow the range of the drone.

In some situations, this device can even suppress multiple drones at the same time when the drones fly in the same direction with close distance from each other.
1577877620-8683-249a5cd7bc9755c90c86.jpg
The device to control drones or flycam CA-18 is used to shoot down drones when shooting fireworks scenes in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to the regulations on the management of unmanned aircraft and ultralight aircraft, prohibited acts include: organizing flight operations without permission, organizing flight operations in the wrong areas, regulations, limitation allowed; violating regulations on management of territories and national borders.
Individuals and organizations may be sanctioned for violating regulations on using drones in Vietnam.

Imperial

According to the Laborer
WATCH NOW
Mgid

I was out flying that night....think I was grazed, but not damaged. Google translate has an error-the guy who was shot down did not need to buy a new child. He had to buy "a new one". No one lost children.

Is there a translation?

It's possible the aircraft didn't crash but merely "Landed In Place" which is possible with many of the Anti-Drone systems on the market today.
On the Vietnamese boards, they claim it was falling out of the sky. Yes, there are lots of very sophisticated anti drone weapons. The police were using normal drone shoot down tactics, but the video never shows a drone falling, controlled or otherwise. The VN MoD is developing their own version the Chinese CA-18 gun...plus want to put some fear in idiot drone operators :)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Khanh Hung Nguyen wrote: “Dji mavic mini, samsung 32gb memory card. Just fell in Tran Nao last night. If anyone can have it, please be grateful to receive her back. ”

This one was a mini, probable blow away, but we won’t know until they post flight logs here. [emoji51]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929