DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung 7 Star

redidbull

Reactions
Good day, My Son gave me a Mini for Christmas. I have been struggling to install DJI Fly. I have downloaded it a couple of times and it begins to load then finishes "APP no installed". The Samsung is suppose to be 64bit running version 9. I have noticed that the comparability chart shows the Samsung 7 but not the 7 Star. Not sure if that is a problem. Thanks for any help. I do also have an Ipad but read it may be too big for the controller mount. Jim

I'm guessing this is a J7 Star? It's not a model name I'm familiar with and looking at the 2017 J7 (although that may not be the J7 DJI are referring to as compatible) the hardware looks similar. Are you installing from the Play store or downloading the apk file direct from DJI? Are you able to install it but not run it or are you not getting as far as installing it?

There are mounts you can buy to use a larger tablet with the controller which is how I use my drone but a 10in+ tablet can be a bit too hefty for some.

I'm guessing this is a J7 Star? It's not a model name I'm familiar with and looking at the 2017 J7 (although that may not be the J7 DJI are referring to as compatible) the hardware looks similar. Are you installing from the Play store or downloading the apk file direct from DJI? Are you able to install it but not run it or are you not getting as far as installing it?

There are mounts you can buy to use a larger tablet with the controller which is how I use my drone but a 10in+ tablet can be a bit too hefty for some.
Thanks for the quick reply. I down Star. I loaded from DJI website. Yes it is the J7 Star. It says it is installing then finishes it saying it not installed. I will have to look into the mounts. Thanks again. Jim

Did you enable your phone to install apps from unknown sources? By default this is disabled on Android devices and will only allow installs from the Play store, to install an apk file like you've downloaded from DJI you need to ensure this setting is set to enabled.

Did you enable your phone to install apps from unknown sources? By default this is disabled on Android devices and will only allow installs from the Play store, to install an apk file like you've downloaded from DJI you need to ensure this setting is set to enabled.
Thanks for the response. I did enable it. It seems like it loads but then at the end says not installed. Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU