DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung galaxy A tablet

Fabricator

Reactions
I bought an 8" samsung galaxy A tablet figuring it's an android like my phone so it should work fine. WRONG, using the full size USB on the controller connected to the charging micro USB on the tablet it won't connect to the DJI go app. The tablet beeps and flashes a percentage number like it's reverse charging the controller or something. does anybody know of a fix for this? A settings change or something?

Reactions: mereflyer
I bought an 8" samsung galaxy A tablet figuring it's an android like my phone so it should work fine. WRONG, using the full size USB on the controller connected to the charging micro USB on the tablet it won't connect to the DJI go app. The tablet beeps and flashes a percentage number like it's reverse charging the controller or something. does anybody know of a fix for this? A settings change or something?
USB has several settings. Yours is set to USB Charging. Pull menu down from top of screen and you will see at least one other option. Try selecting the use USB for file transfer option.

It might help people troubleshoot if we knew which drone and which galaxy A tablet. They make a new Series A every year or 2 and some are compatible and some are not, at least with Fly. Since you mention DJI Go I'm guessing it's an older Mavic though and I'm not familiar enough to offer much advice but isn't the USB A connector just meant for goggles or charge out and not a data access point?

Reactions: Jay241
I have used my Galaxy Tac A (2016) Model number SM-T580 running Android 8.1.0 with Litchi for a couple of years with my Mavic Pro. I had a problem connecting to the controller, but resolved it by reversing the cable. I use Litchi, but I have used DJI GO a couple of times with no problem.

I just got off the phone with DJI Support and on their website it list the approved tablets which is only "Apple" products, no Sansung or any other Tablet. I just bought a ONN Surf tablet from Walmart and the DJI Fly app will not download correctly. So back to to the store for a refund and then buy a preowned Apple iPad. I have a iPad mini right now that the app works but the iPad over heats wh standing in the sun flying and shut down. I hop the next iPad is better. I'm sure someone can problem get a non-approve table working but don't call DJI for support if you have problem.

I just got off the phone with DJI Support and on their website it list the approved tablets which is only "Apple" products, no Sansung or any other Tablet. I just bought a ONN Surf tablet from Walmart and the DJI Fly app will not download correctly. So back to to the store for a refund and then buy a preowned Apple iPad. I have a iPad mini right now that the app works but the iPad over heats wh standing in the sun flying and shut down. I hop the next iPad is better. I'm sure someone can problem get a non-approve table working but don't call DJI for support if you have problem.
BTW, I don't think the DJI GO is the app you need for flying it's call
ed "DJI Fly"

Reactions: Andy BG

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929