DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Display

seana

Reactions
Trying to start using my tablet for my MP2, but the app does not use the full screen. Anyone seen this issue, know how to get it to change to using the full display of the tablet?

Attachments

• 15533506029735609880162951036800.jpg
    15533506029735609880162951036800.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 27
I don't know about the partial screen but I have not been able to use my Samsung Tab . I get full screen but DJI4 will not connect a video feed. All other functions work. If I switch to my Samsung S9+ phone there's no problem. I want to use my Samsung tablet for the larger screen too. Is this an incompatibility issue with the Samsung tablets? I'd like to know also.

Reactions: Virach
Although i’m an Android user, i never used a Samsung (or Android) Tablet with a DJI drone for the simple reason I didn’t have one. I did however experience considerable issues using a Samsung phone.

Reviews and user experience strongly indicates iOS to be the best marriage with DJI firmware. So if you want to get rid of those recurring problems Android displays will give you every now and then, invest a little more in an iOS device (eg. iPad Mini). It’s what many including myself did. And believe me, it will be worth it.

I got mine working. It was because I had the "Dex" for my keyboard chosen. Once I changed that, I'm able to fly.

I was going to say it looks like it's in a desktop user mode rather than the usual Android interface, glad you got it sorted.

Reviews and user experience strongly indicates iOS to be the best marriage with DJI firmware. So if you want to get rid of those recurring problems Android displays will give you every now and then, invest a little more in an iOS device (eg. iPad Mini). It’s what many including myself did. And believe me, it will be worth it.

This seems to be the default answer to everything even when it's just a minor setting issue as it was in this case. I use a Galaxy Tab S3 with an MP2 and no issues at all nor any problems with my other Android devices. There are certainly Android devices that don't work well with DJI devices but this default stance that seems to get posted every time to buy an IOS device is not helpful. Curiously when IOS devices do have problems such as the CPU overloading problem, the solution seemingly is to just ignore that and pretend there are no IOS problems....

Reactions: naiku
This seems to be the default answer to everything even when it's just a minor setting issue as it was in this case. I use a Galaxy Tab S3 with an MP2 and no issues at all nor any problems with my other Android devices.

That’s true. There are Android devices DJI has listed as compatible with their firmware. So it’s really user preference. That said, there is overall agreement on the now established fact among experts and knowledgable users that iOS is best suited to DJI products. I may be wrong but I think DJI too admit this .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69