DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e – 64 GB ?

THE CYBORG

Reactions
Anyone use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 64 GB?

I have a Galaxy Tab A6 but is doesn't have a compass /magnetometer so the radar direction doesn't work.
I also have an iPad air 2 it works but I hate the thing.
If anyone can confirm the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 64 GB works with Go4 I am contemplating selling the two tablets I have and getting the S5e.

I have a Galaxy Tab A6 but is doesn't have a compass /magnetometer so the radar direction doesn't work.
If anyone can confirm the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 64 GB works with Go4 I am contemplating selling the two tablets I have and getting the S5e.

I have the Galaxy S5e and it works great. I have the 128GB model because it has more ram.

I don't have the Tab S5e but I bought a TAB A with a 32gb SD card from Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago and it works great. Sam's has it on sale thru 1/19 for $119.99. That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the S5e.

So I got the S5e 64 GB.
Only thing is the howling wind & rain stopped me having a fly, at least I like the tablet.
Thanks for the input people Thumbswayup

Do the tablets need an internal GPS?

The GPS refers to the satellites - the tablet needs a sensor of some type. My understanding is that the Android Tablets are superior in this regard. They see the Chinese and Japanese satellites as well as the standard American and Russian (iPad with GPS see these). I lean towards Android because when flying off a sailboat in the middle of the ocean you need all the help you can get!

Unless you want to use 'follow me' mode or some other mode that needs the tablets location you can fly without GPS in the tablet.

So, I went and got a S5E today based on the responses on this thread and it I cannot get it to connect to my Mavic Pro through either DJI Go 4 or Litchi. The cable is good as it works fine with my Note 9. Any suggestions?

So, I went and got a S5E today based on the responses on this thread and it I cannot get it to connect to my Mavic Pro through either DJI Go 4 or Litchi. The cable is good as it works fine with my Note 9. Any suggestions?

Are you connecting to the bottom USB port on the controller ?
Do you get a message to turn on USB tethering ?
I am trying to remember if I had to do anything special the first time I connected the S5E but I am sure I just plugged it in.
I have upgraded to a smart controller so I cant take a look at what came up on the connection screen when I used the tablet but it was a simple plug & play.

Are you connecting to the bottom USB port on the controller ?
Do you get a message to turn on USB tethering ?
I am trying to remember if I had to do anything special the first time I connected the S5E but I am sure I just plugged it in.
I have upgraded to a smart controller so I cant take a look at what came up on the connection screen when I used the tablet but it was a simple plug & play.
I have not plugged in to the bottom port, I've been using the microUSB on the side and have not received any USB tethering messages. It has worked well with my Note 8 (typo in original message) so I figured the connections should have worked. I will try the bottom port tonight before trading it in for an Apple product (cringe). Thanks for the suggestion.

I have not plugged in to the bottom port, I've been using the microUSB on the side and have not received any USB tethering messages. It has worked well with my Note 8 (typo in original message) so I figured the connections should have worked. I will try the bottom port tonight before trading it in for an Apple product (cringe). Thanks for the suggestion.

Definitely try the bottom port, I was trying to use a Samsung tablet the other day and it was refusing to connect. Tried the bottom USB and it worked immediately.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
How has your new Samsung S5e tab working for you? Looking at display in particular...

Yes, it works fine.

Yes, it works fine.
I use it. Try to buy the one with a minimum of 6GB Ram. I have 4GB Ram and works fine but have to clean up the cache often.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc