DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung s21 android 12 problem

johnweim

Reactions
My air2s and dji fly functioned fine until phone upgraded to Android 12 and now fly won't connect to phone. Contacted DJI support and they suggested deleting fly and downloading from dji, then installing with airplane mode on. That didn't work. I've deleted and re-installed fly 7 times now and still can't connect phone to fly. Could someone whose s21 works with fly please help? I must be doing something wrong.

My S53 with android12 works fine. Uses a different chip though. Hard to believe that would stop connection. Can see why you would prefer the 21 with 1300 nit screen vs my 800..almost bought it myself.
If you've got a spare hour, downgrade to 11. Youtube how to vids available. Seems you're not alone with problems using 12 on the S21.

My S53 with android12 works fine. Uses a different chip though. Hard to believe that would stop connection. Can see why you would prefer the 21 with 1300 nit screen vs my 800..almost bought it myself.
If you've got a spare hour, downgrade to 11. Youtube how to vids available.

I thought of that, but heard that it would only stay 11 for short while until windows forces an upgrade to 12.

Reactions: Capt KO
The poster today with the green stripe complaint has an S21 that works, assuming with 12. Might ask how

S21 phone (FLY 1.6.1)
Green stripe ( in photo-mode) ??
Frequent disconnection between phone and controller during flight :-(

Screenshot_20220519-211747.jpg

Can confirm I get the weird green bar on the side on an Samsung S22 (Android 12) and my main A71 5G that has been upgraded to Android 12 as well.

But no other notable issues and the green bar is only on the monitoring display, not in the captured images.

I could test with an S21 FE, but I suspect it'll have the same green bar, and shouldn't have any other issues.

I'm using both a Mini 2 and an Air 2S.

I updated both my S21+ and my Fly app this morning and I got the green line as well. I have not been able to fly yet to see if I have any connection issues
Screenshot_20220523-074505.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs