DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save a pre-programmed flight in DJI Fly app

thanks for these replies. Autopilot has a great platform. Used it with my Mavic Pro. Just got the Air 2 and looking to create a repeating circular pattern to observe the building of my house then stitch the footage together and speed it up to create a "time lapse" of the build. The "circle" option in Autopilot was perfect for this. Wonder why A) Autopilot doesn't update to include the Air 2 or B) DJI does not add waypoints. How can we pressure DJI to fix this glaring omission?

thanks for these replies. Autopilot has a great platform. Used it with my Mavic Pro. Just got the Air 2 and looking to create a repeating circular pattern to observe the building of my house then stitch the footage together and speed it up to create a "time lapse" of the build. The "circle" option in Autopilot was perfect for this. Wonder why A) Autopilot doesn't update to include the Air 2 or B) DJI does not add waypoints. How can we pressure DJI to fix this glaring omission?

DJI hasn't made the SDK available for the Mavic Air 2. Until they do, there is no way for 3rd party apps like Autopilot to interface with the drone. I believe DJI said the expected release date for the SDK is sometime in September.

As far as DJI adding waypoints themselves, I believe they limit that option to their prosumer-level drones like the Mavic 2 series.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe