DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

save image and video to SD card or memory

wxperson

Reactions
I notice the default is to save images to memory. I find that odd since it is limited in size. Do I just change the settings to write all files to SD card?

If you insert a SD card the default should change to the SD card. Only time I know the default switches to memory is when drone is powered on without a card installed.

Paul C

If you insert a SD card the default should change to the SD card. Only time I know the default switches to memory is when drone is powered on without a card installed.

Paul C
Thanks... it did not switch to sd card automatically so I changed it in the settings.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I downloaded images to the SC... or so I thought but I cannot find them either in the memory folders or the SD card folders... what am I doing wrong?

I tried both connecting directly to the SC and also pulled the SD card and plugged it into my PC.

I downloaded images to the SC... or so I thought but I cannot find them either in the memory folders or the SD card folders... what am I doing wrong?

I tried both connecting directly to the SC and also pulled the SD card and plugged it into my PC.
The "regular" high quality images are saved to the drone (either internal memory or the drone's sd card). Thumbnail quality images are saved to the Smart Controller or phone/tablet device.

This bahavior of saving quality images canNOT be changed. It would probably take too much processing power and battery power to transmit each real photo to the SC or other device.

But you can manually copy them to the SC or other device. Use the "button" under the shutter button to start the process. Use care, while photos transfer reasonable fast, videos can take full MINUTES and steal power and time. You might want to wait till you land. But again, photos can be done in less time. Here's the steps:

Mini-Download Pics.jpg

The "regular" high quality images are saved to the drone (either internal memory or the drone's sd card). Thumbnail quality images are saved to the Smart Controller or phone/tablet device.

This bahavior of saving quality images canNOT be changed. It would probably take too much processing power and battery power to transmit each real photo to the SC or other device.

But you can manually copy them to the SC or other device. Use the "button" under the shutter button to start the process. Use care, while photos transfer reasonable fast, videos can take full MINUTES and steal power and time. You might want to wait till you land. But again, photos can be done in less time. Here's the steps:

View attachment 107310
thanks... after I download... I cannot find them on the SC SD card (using a PC) ... either in the 8 GB memory or the 64 GB SD card. are they hidden files?

Frankly, it has been a while since I snooped around looking for them. I've been playing with the mavic mini lately.

I'd navigate all around trying to find them. I found some just now looking for older jpg's. I plugged the sc into my computer. I did not move the card to a reader on my computer.

This PC\rm500\SanDisk SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI Album

There's also some video in

This PC\rm500\SanDisk SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI_RECORD

Where the order above is MY computer, then the SC (aka rm500), then the Sandisk card, then the dji folder/directory/ then the Go folder and then either the album or Record.

Or they could be in SC internal memory:

This PC\rm500\Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI Album

Stored Drone images.jpg

Frankly, it has been a while since I snooped around looking for them. I've been playing with the mavic mini lately.

I'd navigate all around trying to find them. I found some just now looking for older jpg's. I plugged the sc into my computer. I did not move the card to a reader on my computer.

This PC\rm500\SanDisk SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI Album

There's also some video in

This PC\rm500\SanDisk SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI_RECORD

Where the order above is MY computer, then the SC (aka rm500), then the Sandisk card, then the dji folder/directory/ then the Go folder and then either the album or Record.

Or they could be in SC internal memory:

This PC\rm500\Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI Album

View attachment 107311
THANKS... I found them...

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member