DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving space on phone, can I delete these?

billiam1

Reactions
Hi Guys.
Can I safely delete these from within the dji app?... trying to get some space back on the phone.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126_120714_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126_120714_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220126_120738_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126_120738_com.huawei.hidisk.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 48
Not a good idea. The second screenshot contains all your flight logs. The app needs the folders in the first screenshot to function. You won't save much space either way. Find other unused apps and delete them, and copy off any photos and videos to store them in the Cloud online, instead of on your phone.

Reactions: Brian I
I’m having a similar problem on my phone. The app size is 437mb but the phone says that it is using 3.55GB of documents and data. I have offloaded all my photos and video clips so there is nothing else left to delete except for all the data files and logs, as far as I can see. Is this amount of space that the app retains normal? It seems excessive, but I’m new to this so don’t know what would be considered the norm for it. Thanks in advance for any help. I should add, I’m using a Mavic Air 2, I don’t know if that makes any difference to this.
PS - Sorry billiam1 for jumping in like this on your thread but maybe we are both in the same predicament.

In the Fly app you can go into Profile on the opening screen, select Settings & Clear Cache. This can get rather large with use.

Reactions: Faster
Thank you, that worked a treat. Is it OK to clear all the cache folders? I’ve cleared the album data, the album cache, and the music cache. There are three others there too - firmware package, webpage cache, and aircraft flight record cache. Is it ok to clear those too?

You can clear the flight record from within the app or select the ones you want to clear if your not interested in tracking your flights. No recommendations on the other things. Did clearing the cache give significant results?

It did thanks, it gave me back nearly 3.5gb of space. All that is taken up at the moment is just over 500mb.
I suspect that the firmware package is probably the download for a recent firmware upgrade that I did and that the package is this before the installer was extracted and and the installation done. I won’t delete just yet until after I have connected the drone again and see if any alerts pop up.
Thanks for you let help.

So anything under "cache" can be safely deleted.......right?
I’m not too sure yet. I have deleted my Album Data, Album Cache and Music Cache. Make sure that you have downloaded all your drone photos and video clips from your app and phone first because I presume that this will delete them when you delete the above. I could be wrong but I’d back them up first just in case. I had already removed the photos beforehand so I didn’t have to worry about this.
The remaining three folders in the cache sections are a mystery to me at the moment. The Webpage Cache and the Flight Record Cache are obvious enough. Delete them and they’re gone. The Firmware Package is a mystery at the moment. I don’t know if that is the package that is still there from the last firmware I did relatively recently, or is it a firmware that recently downloaded and is waiting to install. I haven’t received any notification to install in the last week but it could be waiting for the drone to be connected before that appears. That’s why I haven’t deleted yet, I’m waiting to see. I’m hoping to fly tomorrow so I should find out then.
David

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo