DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving video to either my mobile, or in the DJI Go 4 App itself

RevivalPaul

Reactions
Hi there, fellow Droners - I hope you are all well? Just a quick query from a not very "tech-savvy" chap from Scotland, desperately seeking an answer to a fairly simple question (hopefully). Until recently, I have been enjoying flying and taking videos of my local area, (some 20 miles from John O Groats), on my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have always downloaded my video from the SD card, onto my laptop. However, said laptop has now gone to the computer graveyard and I instead have a new IPad Pro. Whilst searching through the DJI Go 4 App, I found 3 videos that I had taken last year and was wondering how I managed to do it!! Is there any way that videos can simply be stored in the App, as a default? My wife purchased the new IPad Pro to facilitate resurrecting old photos, as well as effectively replacing our laptop. The fact that I tripped over these 3 videos while exploring the App, suggests that it is possible to have them available in the App itself? I would be most grateful if any of you guys could shed some light? I have an IPhone 12 that I will be using in future, alongside the DJI Go 4 App (I previously used a very old IPad mini, with an adaptor that clamps onto the controller - IPad now keeps cutting out, mid-flight, so enough of that!!). Is it possible to store straight onto my mobile? I know I can purchase a cardreader and get access to video from the SD card, but having just laid out a lot of cash for the IPad, I want to avoid any further expense, if possible. Thank you, in anticipation and please stay safe, everyone and take care.

The "Cache During Video Shooting" will save your videos to your device. Look for it under the General Settings in Go4 ( three dots "..." ). You can also record local sound if you are so inclined, and set the maximum capacity of the cache. I'm not sure about this, but I believe the saved video is of lesser quality. Check it out.IMG_1233.PNG

You can also download to your device directly from the aircraft. Just click the play button, select the video, and hit download in the lower left. This process will not work for codecs that are not supported by your device. For example, I cannot download an H.265 to my iPad mini 5.
Also, you can clear videos from your aircraft SD card through this interface.

IMG_1234.PNG

IMG_1235.PNG

IMG_1236.PNG

Last edited:
Hi, RadioFlyerMan. Thank you so much for your detailed explanation - I will try it out when I next get to fly. We are currently "enjoying" our 3rd consecutive storm with gale force winds and Baltic conditions - not ideal. Getting to fly on a regular basis is nigh on impossible in the Highlands of Scotland - wind-free days are sooo rare. Thank you, again for your time and trouble, it is immensely appreciated. If only I lived somewhere more conducive to drone flying - where YOU ae sounds as good a place as any, it's mighty cold over here. Take care, RadioFlyerMan and stay safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929