DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC charging very slowly

wxperson

Reactions
I have had the SC for several weeks... never letting get below 80% or so. Did not notice any issue with recharging.

Today.... I let the SC get down to 8% and after nearly 2 hours on charge... there is still one light flashing. when I checked the % it said only 15%. Unplugged it went to 10% in about 4 minutes.

Does anyone have any idea on what might be going on?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

Make sure you're using the charge adapter that came with the SC. It should take no longer than 2 hours for a full charge. If that's not the problem, try another USB-C cable or another charge adapter rated at 12V/2A.

With your current connection, are you charging with the SC on or is it fully shut down? While charging, and fully shut down, are the charging lights moving slowly or quickly? If they are moving slowly, the SC is not in the quick charge mode.

Regards,

John

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Hi George,

Make sure you're using the charge adapter that came with the SC. It should take no longer than 2 hours for a full charge. If that's not the problem, try another USB-C cable or another charge adapter rated at 12V/2A.

With your current connection, are you charging with the SC on or is it fully shut down? While charging, and fully shut down, are the charging lights moving slowly or quickly? If they are moving slowly, the SC is not in the quick charge mode.

Regards,

John
50 minutes later and still one light... which is flashing "quickly"... I would say. I never had it lower than 60% before . It is on the charge adapter that came with the SC. The SC is fully shutdown. I can try a different cable I suppose.

I agree with John and learned that other chargers from iPad etc. would not charge the SC. Even the USB on theDJI stock single MP2 Battery Charger is only a 5 volt 2 amp port and will NOT charge the SC. It's tempting but it won't do it. The cable and the 12 Volt 2 amp charger that came with the SC is needed-or equivalent.

Reactions: LoganAir
well.. 4 hours later we have made it up to about 45%... this will take all night at this rate.

well.. 4 hours later we have made it up to about 45%... this will take all night at this rate.
This kind of confirms you are not charging in quick mode. Either the charge adapter or USB-C cable are highly suspect. Also make sure the SC is fully shut off while charging.

Just switched to a new cable and it is blinking much faster now. I had been using the one supplied with the SC.

Reactions: LoganAir
Just switched to a new cable and it is blinking much faster now. I had been using the one supplied with the SC.
Good news. Should make it to 100% in less than an hour. The warranty on the SC is 2 years, but don't know if that includes the charger and cable. You might reach out to them and see if they will send another cable (and charger) since you've only had them a few weeks.

Regards,

John

So how did it work today? Charge up quickly and normally?

Yes... like night and day difference!
That's great! Thought about it when I was out flying the Zoom with the SC today. All the best going forward.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven