DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC RTH BEEP

Upthecreek

Reactions
Can you disable the return to home beeping by pressing the power button once like you can on the original RC?

Reactions: RogerMav
This is not possible without opening the controller and cut the wires...
The RTH function is an emergency feature but I also use it when im done flying so im also annoyed by the beep.

I've not tried - but can you open the settings and explore the Sounds/Notifications and make then quieter or mute them? Sometimes you can even get access to individual Apps and change their sounds.

I've not tried - but can you open the settings and explore the Sounds/Notifications and make then quieter or mute them? Sometimes you can even get access to individual Apps and change their sounds.

Yes you can. I believe you can also get it to just vibrate for the RTH home warning, which would allow you to be notified silently. Personally I am happy to have the warning sound.

Reactions: ff22
Yes you can. I believe you can also get it to just vibrate for the RTH home warning, which would allow you to be notified silently. Personally I am happy to have the warning sound.
How did you do silence yours? I can't figure it out and according to DJI, this is not possible on the smart controller. Beep can be silenced with standard controller but not the smart controller.

I have not being able to silence it neither. Or at least lower the volume of it.

How did you do silence yours? I can't figure it out and according to DJI, this is not possible on the smart controller. Beep can be silenced with standard controller but not the smart controller.

I'll have to check again next time I fly to be sure I gave you accurate info. I remember seeing the options somewhere.

If you press the power button once it should silence the beeps, so you don't need to worry about turning the sound down/off. Critical alerts still can't be silenced though (like 5% battery for example).

I'll have to check again next time I fly to be sure I gave you accurate info. I remember seeing the options somewhere.

If you press the power button once it should silence the beeps, so you don't need to worry about turning the sound down/off. Critical alerts still can't be silenced though (like 5% battery for example).
Thank you for checking. After RTH is initiated, pressing the power button causes the screen to sleep but it does not silence the beep like it does on the standard controller.

Thank you for checking. After RTH is initiated, pressing the power button causes the screen to sleep but it does not silence the beep like it does on the standard controller.

Hmmm I will have to check - I assumed it would work the same as the normal controller in that regard. I keep the beep on so I haven't done much experimenting in that regard yet. I have seen an app you can get that will do it, or allow access to those settings - google it and you will find the YouTube video.

Some guys destroy their SC to remove the beep, that is unthinkable to me haha.

Hmmm I will have to check - I assumed it would work the same as the normal controller in that regard. I keep the beep on so I haven't done much experimenting in that regard yet.
I also assumed it would work, until it didn't. Hopefully they'll come out with a firmware update to address this in the future. I always use rth, I like to check accuracy of precision landing. Thank you again for your replies.

Last edited:
Can't check but can you go into Main Settings and play with the various sound options and or specific app sounds or notices?

Can't check but can you go into Main Settings and play with the various sound options and or specific app sounds or notices?
Even with all volume controls down it still beeps. The beeps are separate from the tablet volume controls. Just like they are with the standard controller.

• Sad
Yes, it is sad that it doesnt silence with the press of the power button, just as the M2 standard RC did.

Im another that hopes DJI will update this function to existance on the SRC and make the 'screen off' func, maybe a double tap on the pwr button, or remove it altogether if thats what is reqd in order to silence the RTH Beep!

We all get its a safety mechanism but it doesnt need to be ridiclulous.

Yes, it is sad that it doesnt silence with the press of the power button, just as the M2 standard RC did.

Im another that hopes DJI will update this function to existance on the SRC and make the 'screen off' func, maybe a double tap on the pwr button, or remove it altogether if thats what is reqd in order to silence the RTH Beep!

We all get its a safety mechanism but it doesnt need to be ridiclulous.

DJI... Hello... Anyone there?
Please add this feature to the already quite late smart controller firmware upgrade (post-.530)
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom