DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scam Company advertising on social media

Debel

Reactions
Well.. I just saw this add on this site, that are scamming with tons of adds on Facebook these days, leaving a trail of dissapointed customers, who think they buy a quality product, but in reality they are receiving a really crappy and cheap little Chinese knock off drone below 100 grams, not able to take either reasonable pictures nor videos, and are impossiible to fly, and simply drops dead from the sky without any warnig because the battery is depleeded within 5 minutes. Best case I would say, its a very cheap toy where you can pick one up from Wish for around 10 USD or so. Why would I know? Well, I felt for the scam and all the promisses, and the nice pictures (which I found afterwards are pictures of a Mavic Pro 2)

So, this post to warn other to buy, and for the admin to concider if this company is something to support. Add is the one below.

1605800764496.png

Regards

Jesper

• Angry
Reactions: charliej and GlenM
Was this from a Approved Vender or just a random Advertisement .

Reactions: Thomas B
It is an add running on these forum pages on this site.. I do not know how that works, but I guess that there must be some guidelines for which adds to show here..?

From your screen capture it appears it was associated with GitHub. I asked the admin to check into it.
Okay.. I am lookng for the add again, to copy the screenprint a bit wider, so admin is able to see in which section the add appears.

I don't recognise the ad format with the small blue cross and i on the bottom left. For me there is a fixed banner ad, several fixed ads on the right then there are google ads (with the blue triangle and cross at the top right) under the first post, the lower right of the page and the footer.

it could be one of those ads that run on your pc based on the type of web sites you visit - I am not sure exactly how it works - but I don't think they specifically buy advertising from this forum, but rather are placed on relevant web sites for users who visit those sites. I am not a real tech person so I have a very limited understanding for how this works - maybe someone can offer a better description ?

it could be one of those ads that run on your pc based on the type of web sites you visit - I am not sure exactly how it works - but I don't think they specifically buy advertising from this forum, but rather are placed on relevant web sites for users who visit those sites. I am not a real tech person so I have a very limited understanding for how this works - maybe someone can offer a better description ?
It’s them bot creatures man. They gather your browsing history and
cater advertisements that they think you might be interested in.
I just can’t understand why i keep seeing ..looking for a foreign wife..ones ?
I sure don’t want another one ?

Well.. I just saw this add on this site, that are scamming with tons of adds on Facebook these days, leaving a trail of dissapointed customers, who think they buy a quality product, but in reality they are receiving a really crappy and cheap little Chinese knock off drone below 100 grams, not able to take either reasonable pictures nor videos, and are impossiible to fly, and simply drops dead from the sky without any warnig because the battery is depleeded within 5 minutes. Best case I would say, its a very cheap toy where you can pick one up from Wish for around 10 USD or so. Why would I know? Well, I felt for the scam and all the promisses, and the nice pictures (which I found afterwards are pictures of a Mavic Pro 2)

So, this post to warn other to buy, and for the admin to concider if this company is something to support. Add is the one below.

View attachment 117472

Regards

Jesper
I've seen the Drone X ad all over Facebook. It's one of those "too good to be true" ads I'm sure. It's buyer beware. If you want a good drone you should be prepared to spend some money on it. DJI for me.

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but I fell for this a while before I had learned about DJI. Over a year ago I wanted to fly a drone and had done some light research when a similar ad started popping up on my browser .. it all seemed to good to be true, but at the time - seemed like a good deal - so, I fell for their BS and bought one. MONTHS Later (like around 4 months I think) I got a package in the mail that turned out be my new drone X drone. Small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and made out of extremely cheap plastic, the Drone X drone has a similar look to other drones that have folding arms - but it is much smaller than the ads get you to believe. And when I say it is built very cheaply, that is a gross understatement.

I tried to get the drone x drone to pair with the controller and was never able to do it - so I can't say I ever even got a chance to fly the ( Mod Removed Language ) thing. I eventually contacted my credit card company and got them to cancel the order and charges - so I did get my money back (I had tried to reach the Drone X customer service but they were totally non responsive)

This all happened about a year and a half ago - and it was a great lesson to be learned. I really should have known better - but on the surface, it sounded like a really good deal - and the BS they included on their site had a real believable storyline - at least I thought so at the time.

The Price was right, the ads made it seem like it was a really decent drone and in the end, it was nothing more than a big rip off. So, like I said - I am a little embarrassed to have fallen for their BS but I can promise you it won't happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
That bloody droneX add should be removed from the Web, it’s a bloody ripoff. I’ll put my hand up and say yeah I got caught. The likes of google and company who get paid for the adds are complicit in this scam, I can’t believe that after all this time the adds haven’t been removed

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but I fell for this a while before I had learned about DJI. Over a year ago I wanted to fly a drone and had done some light research when a similar ad started popping up on my browser .. it all seemed to good to be true, but at the time - seemed like a good deal - so, I fell for their BS and bought one. MONTHS Later (like around 4 months I think) I got a package in the mail that turned out be my new drone X drone. Small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and made out of extremely cheap plastic, the Drone X drone has a similar look to other drones that have folding arms - but it is much smaller than the ads get you to believe. And when I say it is built very cheaply, that is a gross understatement.

I tried to get the drone x drone to pair with the controller and was never able to do it - so I can't say I ever even got a chance to fly the ( Mod Removed Language ) thing. I eventually contacted my credit card company and got them to cancel the order and charges - so I did get my money back (I had tried to reach the Drone X customer service but they were totally non responsive)

This all happened about a year and a half ago - and it was a great lesson to be learned. I really should have known better - but on the surface, it sounded like a really good deal - and the BS they included on their site had a real believable storyline - at least I thought so at the time.

The Price was right, the ads made it seem like it was a really decent drone and in the end, it was nothing more than a big rip off. So, like I said - I am a little embarrassed to have fallen for their BS but I can promise you it won't happen again.
I have a reply that I saved so I can just copy it to the comment section saying that the drone is a piece of crap and suggesting real drones at a real price with the angry emoji. I have ordered a few that never arrived or are completely unlike their depictions on ads on FB. They all have one thing in common. They are all shipped from China. I no longer order from FB because Paypal is even giving me a hard time about canceling payment.

At 1 point the droneX site showed pictures of what you would receive in the package and that included the manual. The manual clearly stated it was an eachine e58 which was selling for like $35 on banggood instead of $100 at the drone X site So I tried it out from them. Took 3 months to show up, by which time I had gotten a MM, and flew away after 5 minutes of use and never to be seen again. Now the proud and happy parent of a MA2 also.

Social media is again being blasted with advertising using the DJI phantom and mavic images, all for the low cost of 109 dollars.
I ask again how is it that they don’t get pulled.
Regards

Yes.. The adds are running again, on Facebook, Youtube and other social media platforms.. I have reported the add as scam to both FB and Youtube, but nothing happens, and they just keep on doing that scam... Its really frustrating to know what piece of crap that drone is, and how they just continue to promote these scam lies, and probably sells tons of them still... I found a Youtube video with a guy who did some investigation.. It turns that this company is owned by an eastern europe guy, who sells crappy drone, crappy GPS senders, and all sorts of other crappy gadget.. Same story goes in all add.. "this genious guy quiet his job in a respectable company...." I wish this guy is gettting jailed for a looooooong time..

View attachment 117472

Regards

Jesper
I’ve seen many adds on Facebook Marketplace using a £4k Autel Robotics product in their promotional video to flog a £59 cheap knock-off. I’ve reported it to Facebook a number of times but they don’t do anything about it.

Attachments

• D036D928-BED1-4F00-B0F3-D5F9FA8E1CB6.png
    D036D928-BED1-4F00-B0F3-D5F9FA8E1CB6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 25813E15-4148-4F92-B053-3C031EA2CEAE.png
    25813E15-4148-4F92-B053-3C031EA2CEAE.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads