DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scary thought; Law Enforcement shooting down UAVs?

Lil' DronePilot

Reactions
So I came across an article that in short stated that legislation is being sought out to allow police shoot down drones. In the article it was specific as to the areas of which this would apply; most of the areas listed, the vast majority of rule abiding drone pilots do not fly. But what if LE would take down a UAV marely on their discretion that it shouldn't be flying over an area? Even if the area was unrestricted and the pilot was adhering to all rules and regulations and still be shot down marely on LE perception of UAV? I attached the link below. At the least, it's good reads as to how far government is willing to go.

A White House proposal would let police shoot down drones

Reactions: Blades
I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads..
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

Reactions: frankiez
I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads..
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

In Baltimore, MD I have seen zero. You know it's funny because I never really paid it any mind. I fly my drone and no one pays me any mind. Obviously someone does mind

Reactions: Blades
Exactly what I'm talking about there are not massive hordes of quads"drones" flying all over cities and above houses and spying and invading everybody space! We need to ask them where are they seeing these flocks of quads"drones"...... It is all BS and gives them a chance at more control and Revenue if they can license/ register toys.

I was recently in a very remote city in Germany. It is a farming community. I was staying at a farmhouse where everything must be paid in cash. They don't have the resources to take credit cards.

I flew my Mavic and got good aerial footage. The next evening, I was outside enjoying the fresh air when suddenly I heard the familiar buzzing off in the distance. It slowly got louder until I looked up and about 300' up was A MAVIC! I couldn't believe my eyes. It flew off slowly and the rest of my 2 weeks there, I never saw it again.

Go figure...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr