DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scenic flight on a foggy morning (video)

Spectacular! Is that straight video, or did you use time-lapse?
Thanks. It is video shot at 2.7K and 25 fps, but sped up to achieve a better pace. The video was also spliced from multiple segments. I find also that where there may be a turn or change of the camera angle that is too abrupt (even in cinematic mode), that it is better to cut that part out and do a blended splice of the two adjoining segments.

Reactions: SmileyGC
Fantastic footage - you have some of the best shots I've seen on this forum . A bit long for web viewing (I too fall prey to that with my own similar work). I agree on editing out the more abrupt camera moves (you missed a couple by seconds). I love seeing the birds flying - glad none hit the copter!

Beautiful video. Though I am Leary of flying through fog which sends moisture into the electronics
Yes, I was a bit apprehensive as well. I waited a bit for it to thin out, and also tried to fly above it where it was thicker. But I also took the advice of another poster in an earlier discussion on moisture, leaving the drone on afterwards (until the batteries ran out) to let the fans and heat dry out any moisture that may have accumulated.

Reactions: SmileyGC
Fantastic footage - you have some of the best shots I've seen on this forum . A bit long for web viewing (I too fall prey to that with my own similar work). I agree on editing out the more abrupt camera moves (you missed a couple by seconds). I love seeing the birds flying - glad none hit the copter!
Thanks. The footage is sped up, so the birds looks to be moving faster than they actually are. Based on previous flying in this area it has been interesting to see how the birds respond.
gulls - Oblivious, but sometimes end up dodging the drone if on a potential collision course.
swallows - Curious and tend to buzz the drone, treating it as a potential predator that they wish to drive away. These fast little birds tend to make me the most nervous, so I tend to leave an area where I am seeing them behave this way.
vultures - Curious and will sometimes fly in for a closer look.
ducks, geese, cormorants and other birds on the water - All seem to ignore it, but may initially give it a short glance. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that it does not seem to spook them from what they are doing.
crows - I have had a murder of crows approach it in the air, inspect it a bit out of curiosity, and then move on.

Very nice, music also went very well with your video.;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna