DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Schoolboy error

Peter UK

Reactions
Beautiful day for flying in my area and found a hilltop location with beautiful rural views.

Unpacked the Mavic, set everything up ready for take off and then realised that I hadn't put the SD card back in after my last flight and that it was still plugged into my computer back at home!!

Missed the opportunity for some beautiful shots.....

Reactions: pderren
Somebody's good suggestion is to tape a spare to the drone. So, the 16 GB SD gets taped on, and the main card is a 64 or 128 GB card. (I haven't actually followed this good advice yet).

So, I'll introduce you to my checklist that has a "night before" section.

Adjust to your needs.

Same here, did this a few times!!!, now I always leave a spare in the case!

I don't know if android has this but if you manage to get..600 firmware stable than it has option in ios to record catch on the phone, with no SD card in the drone. That's maybe not the best deal, but when it's the only deal you got.....

It saved my *** after I drove for hours to location to discover I had forgot both my SD cards in the reader on my desk. #%*<<>%#

I keep the original 16gig card in the side pocket for just that situation. Touch wood I haven't done it yet but I am sure it will happen...

Beautiful day for flying in my area and found a hilltop location with beautiful rural views.

Unpacked the Mavic, set everything up ready for take off and then realised that I hadn't put the SD card back in after my last flight and that it was still plugged into my computer back at home!!

Missed the opportunity for some beautiful shots.....

Been there, done that but fly anyway as the controller will still record in 720

I wouldn't tape it to the drone, I would would put it in the drone carry bag, top lid, or front flap.
Just have to remember you have one there waiting for the "emergency"...

go to image transmission settings and use HD mode to stream 1080 direct to phone it still is not the best but actually it is not so bad either in emergency

and as i have just posted

0700 image transmission settings now has

normal
HD 1080
smooth mode (whatever that is)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast