DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Scraping the Wall

Dang - you weren't kidding were ya? I felt like I could reach out an touch the wall. Kept wincing a bit when it seemed like I'd see the drone start shaking cause a blade was thumping the wall. Thanks for the,...uh....close encounter!!

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Dang - you weren't kidding were ya? I felt like I could reach out an touch the wall. Kept wincing a bit when it seemed like I'd see the drone start shaking cause a blade was thumping the wall. Thanks for the,...uh....close encounter!!
Thanks. I love the adrenaline rush, my thumbs actually started twitching on this flight, maybe not a good idea at my age!

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Recent fly by of the western wall of Red Rock Canyon with the DJI FPV Drone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I love seeing others take risks with their drones, beginning to think I was the only one. Nice smooth flying! Great job!

Posted in Mini2 forum and should be in FPV.

Red Rock is cool for sure. Buddy has the FPV and flies fast and low - like this. I would guess using the "goggles" it's a tad bit easier to get up close - would not know - never tried goggles. No way could I / would I do that with my Air2 and my tablet - esp in the Nevada sun. The FPV does seem more agile and responsive than other drones, so think that helps.

Great job.

Posted in Mini2 forum and should be in FPV.

Red Rock is cool for sure. Buddy has the FPV and flies fast and low - like this. I would guess using the "goggles" it's a tad bit easier to get up close - would not know - never tried goggles. No way could I / would I do that with my Air2 and my tablet - esp in the Nevada sun. The FPV does seem more agile and responsive than other drones, so think that helps.

Great job.
Good point, the FPV Drone is just so much more capable when flying fast. I have flown the Mini 2 up to that same wall several times but dont have the guts to get too close even though it is going much slower. The much higher latency of the Mini 2 means I'm way ahead of what is showing on my phone and the resolution of the tiny screen makes it hard to see details. The Goggles are a game changer for me, lots of detail can be seen and its great knowing the drone is actually where I see it in the goggles and not 60' further ahead! That said I admit the mini 2 is probably my favorite drone, just relaxing and enjoyable to fly. But hard to beat the excitement and pure speed of the FPV drone. Kind of like driving a Tesla Plaid, insanely fast and fun, but maybe not as practical for everyday use.

Cool! Love it close to ground!

That was a great flight. What a great place to be able to fly in. I love the rocks, and seeing them from a perspective only a drone can give is fantastic. Loved the rock formation at 1:12 that shows the smooth upturned rock with the wave pattern when it was molten lava.

That was a great flight. What a great place to be able to fly in. I love the rocks, and seeing them from a perspective only a drone can give is fantastic. Loved the rock formation at 1:12 that shows the smooth upturned rock with the wave pattern when it was molten lava.
Thanks folks. That is what I like about drones, you can send one up and see things you could never see from the ground. We travel a lot so now I am constantly looking around as we drive checking out the scenery for great drone views. Adds a whole new perspective to traveling.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ