DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scratch on the lens, can I fix this myself by replacing the glass?

Blaksony

Reactions
After a rough landing I checked the Air and everything looked ok, two days later I'm cleaning and doing maintenance on the Air when I saw what I thought was a smudge on the lens, got out the cleaning kit for it and turns out it's a scratch, a fairly deep one, enough to effect footage so it has to be fixed. My question is this, can I do this myself at home, the good weather is slipping away and I can't bear shipping it out IMG_0207.JPGIMG_0207.JPG

nope, there's no glass in the lens ring. It's not a cover, it's a ring to protect threads used when you install a filter. Many people use a filter as a lens protector. Not a bad idea.

nope, there's no glass in the lens ring. It's not a cover, it's a ring to protect threads used when you install a filter. Many people use a filter as a lens protector. Not a bad idea.

Shoot, you're right. I took mine off to put a filter on and assumed there was a clear lens.

Not sure how you replace that part. The actual camera lens is deeper so the part that is scratched should be expensive. I start with @Thunderdrones and see if it can be replaced.

Reactions: Former Member
Shoot, you're right. I took mine off to put a filter on and assumed there was a clear lens.

Not sure how you replace that part. The actual camera lens is deeper so the part that is scratched should be expensive. I start with @Thunderdrones and see if it can be replaced.

@swooshdave Thanks for mentioning me.

OP I sell the camera barrel, but how good are you at disassembling drones? It could take 2 hours minimum if you have the right tools.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929