DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screw driver Mavic Air

Mamaw

Reactions
Hello,anybody can tell me exactly what screwdriver a need to remove the top shell of my Mavic Air,I’m talking about the two screw over the gimbal. Thx

2 screws are PH00. You will need to remove the silicone drops on the top of the screws before unscrewing them. I use a dentists metal pick.

Yeah man, i had a tough time removing the silicon!!! Gosh... surface beside the screw is already badly scratched before i even have access to the 2 ph00 ..[emoji23]

2 screws are PH00. You will need to remove the silicone drops on the top of the screws before unscrewing them. I use a dentists metal pick.
I am having trouble finding the screws under the gimbal. I only see 2 rubber/silicone like stubs. Can someone please help

Small brass hammer worked well for me. Only had to hit it three times and all the screws came out.

Reactions: lightbg
Screws are filled with some form of glue so that DJI will know they haven’t been removed. May be hard to see because of that. You will need to remove the glue to get a tool on them.
Or the other choice is post 9. ( not quite the tool I would use )

Screws are filled with some form of glue so that DJI will know they haven’t been removed. May be hard to see because of that. You will need to remove the glue to get a tool on them.
Can you share a photo please?

I don’t have my air with me at the moment and I’m out of town.
Just look closely under the gimbal area. They are there. The YouTube videos that say you don’t need tools is not quite correct. Yes you can pull the cover off without removing the screws, but at that point you are just stripping out the holes they screw into.

I don’t have my air with me at the moment and I’m out of town.
Just look closely under the gimbal area. They are there. The YouTube videos that say you don’t need tools is not quite correct. Yes you can pull the cover off without removing the screws, but at that point you are just stripping out the holes they screw into.
This is how far I have scratched the silicon! Is this right?

Attachments

• F0B018F4-F953-4A83-A1BF-D75E4E4A91E7.jpeg
    F0B018F4-F953-4A83-A1BF-D75E4E4A91E7.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 51
Trying to remember what type of screw head it has.
Either a small phillips or hex head.
Wrong language for me, but it does show him removing the screws.
If you don’t remove them, you will end up with a dimple on the cover right where the screws attach to the cover.

Last edited:
They are Phillips head screws. ( dust seems to be a bit magnified with this picture)
A7484076-151C-4BAA-ADFB-1653C634D804.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J