DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card not found,

adbetron

Reactions
Hi, trouble with mavic mini SE SD card, first card was 32gig clean formatted ,reported no card available, tried a used 2 gig card with stuff on it, accepted and came up correctly, I formatted in DJI Fly in the drone, that then became SD unavailable, tried formatting both cards in situ and on computer, both read unavailable, tried FAT32 and exFAT, no avail. ANY ideas?

Reactions: Gagey52
What speed rating did the failing card have? DJI requires at least 100 mb/s.

What speed rating did the failing card have? DJI requires at least 100 mb/s.
Card speed won't affect readability in the drone. There's no way for the drone to know, except when it writes.
One should also note that speed ratings and speed requirements are both complex topics. IF you're shooting high resolution video, you need a card with a sustained write speed at least as fast as the video data stream (video bit rate). For example, if I recall correctly, my Air 2S has a maximum video bit rate of 150 Mbps. So the card needs to be that fast, but ONLY if you're shooting 4K or higher.

Then there's the topic of how accurate card specs are. That's why many of us only buy name brands.

For the OP, as careless advised, format in the drone. If that doesn't work, try a different, new quality (name brand) card. If that doesn't work, his drone is probably faulty.

one is a Sandisk Ultra 32gig the other was a cheapy 2gig I threw in for some sort of comparison. I have since ordered a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 gig, But I would have thought the mini should have at least found them?? It found and ID the 2gig and reported how much space was left, until I formatted in drone, then it didnt see it anymore. After formatting on mini and computer neither are recognised! As I posted earlier tried exFAT and FAT32.

Yes, your mini should have found the cards. I presume your computer can find and format the cards. If so, then this suggests that your mini is defective. Maybe time to send it to DJI?

If the drone says SD Card not found, it is impossible to format it with the drone. Try checking the SD Card with a PC card reader or try using another SD Card. If the drone is unable to find the card, then probably need to contact DJI

Best of luck to you.

RESOLVED.
issue found, tried a compatible SD card and it read it and set itself up. A lesson there for Newby me. If the SD is not compatible it says unavailable. Maybe thats a clue for others in future. A big thankyou to all who helped me!

Reactions: GFields
Hi, trouble with mavic mini SE SD card, first card was 32gig clean formatted ,reported no card available, tried a used 2 gig card with stuff on it, accepted and came up correctly, I formatted in DJI Fly in the drone, that then became SD unavailable, tried formatting both cards in situ and on computer, both read unavailable, tried FAT32 and exFAT, no avail. ANY ideas?
I just experienced this and maybe, just maybe, it could be a connection issue between your mobile device and the controller. It was with me this morning. You might want to try a different cable.

I put in a new, freshly exFAT-formatted 64GB fast SanDisk card*, and got the "NO CARD" error in Go4.
Went around the mulberry bush reformatting cards trying different sizes, and restarting everything, 32Gb no go, 8Gb no go, etc., when I went back out to try again, saw that the USB cable between my controller and iPad was not pushed all the way into the iPad!

Once I had the controller positively connected to the iPad, the Go4 had a red "ready" shutter button (instead of the white one) then went into the camera settings, there it was. Re-formatted and Good 2 Go.

*SanDisk 64GB Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 120MB/s, C10, U1. Same specs as the 32 GB one that worked last time I flew.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d