DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sd card not reading

built4thekil

Reactions
Had my mavic pro out earlier with no problems photos and video takin without a problem then on my RC it said sd card not reading check app , what exactly am i checking on the app and what do people think went wrong , never crashed a drone and nothing hit it mid air

Try and pull the SD card and put in a card reader attached to your PC. See if you can pull the video/ pictures from under the DCIM directory. Then put the SD card back in the Mavic. Format the SD card using DGJIGO4 and see if that solves the issue.

Had my mavic pro out earlier with no problems photos and video takin without a problem then on my RC it said sd card not reading check app , what exactly am i checking on the app and what do people think went wrong , never crashed a drone and nothing hit it mid air

From the time it was working last till you discovered it wasn’t working did you take the card out of the drone at all? If so what did you do with it?

From the time it was working last till you discovered it wasn’t working did you take the card out of the drone at all? If so what did you do with it?
No didnt take it out was just flying like normal and then it came up on the controller

No didnt take it out was just flying like normal and then it came up on the controller

The AD card probably just needs to be formatted like @BDOG said above. Do you usually re-format your card each time you copy files to your computer or device?

I don’t really remember the reason stated for it but I do remember in my first digital photography class the professor was adament that we should format the SD card after every time we transferred files off of it or risk it suddenly not working or all the files being lost. I thought it was kinda of paranoid at the time but it’s actually faster and easier to format the card which erases all the contents on it than actually erasing the files off manually so it’s just something I’ve always done.

Reactions: BD0G
The AD card probably just needs to be formatted like @BDOG said above. Do you usually re-format your card each time you copy files to your computer or device?

I don’t really remember the reason stated for it but I do remember in my first digital photography class the professor was adament that we should format the SD card after every time we transferred files off of it or risk it suddenly not working or all the files being lost. I thought it was kinda of paranoid at the time but it’s actually faster and easier to format the card which erases all the contents on it than actually erasing the files off manually so it’s just something I’ve always done.
Tbh it was a brand new card but i dont remember formatting it but was able to take photos and vid until that point maybe ill try formatting it and see what happens thanks for your help

I had a problem with my card where after a few months it recorded stills fine but I got error messages when trying to open the video on my windows computer saying the file was corrupt or not compatible. Sent back to sandisk & they replaced it. I always reformatted in my M2P after each flight.
Now, with another few months old SanDisk card just yesterday on a single flight, 2 videos recorded fine but the 3rd video had that same corrupt/not compatible error message.
So I’m thinking possibly this is the drones issue and not the card

Tbh it was a brand new card but i dont remember formatting it but was able to take photos and vid until that point maybe ill try formatting it and see what happens thanks for your help

There should not be any maybe about it. Formatting lays down the area that the files can be written to. It will also point out if the SD card can be formatted and give you an error if the SD card has some hardware related error that is preventing formatting. That can be provided to the manufacturer if you decide to seek replacement.

Also consider using my Pro Tip to add all of your contact details and FAA Registration number to the SD card itself.
Found here:Pro Tip: Embed Contact information within Micro SD card (Contact Generator Program Added)

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190