DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card partially unreadable

Reactions
Can anyone help me with this problem? Half of SD Card has become unreadable. The last photo before that is 1/2 picture on the top and 1/2 solid color on the bottom. All the jpg and .mov files beyond that won't load. This happened recently with another SD card but it didn't have anything on it I wanted to recover and I just wrote it off as a bad SD card. Any suggestions on how to recover the files?

Can anyone help me with this problem? Half of SD Card has become unreadable. The last photo before that is 1/2 picture on the top and 1/2 solid color on the bottom. All the jpg and .mov files beyond that won't load. This happened recently with another SD card but it didn't have anything on it I wanted to recover and I just wrote it off as a bad SD card. Any suggestions on how to recover the files?
Well that’s a drag. I would try a higher class card. Not all cards are equal. Save money on beer but buy the best cards available. Never ever short cut your acquisition media. Also, it sounds like the cards may be ok but you may have bad contacts within the machine. Try blowing the card insertion point with canned air. And finally, format the card on your computer and then try dropping some files on it...from your computer, just to validate. You can also drop the card into another camera, format via the camera, and then test the card. Two bad cards in a row is suspect, IMO!

Reactions: kwolfskill
Perhaps your adapter is also faulty, or the slot in which your trying to read it on your device. Try another device if possible to also troubleshoot before manipulating any file attributes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose Molina