DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card question

RZR12

Reactions
Took some video this morning and like always I pulled the micro card out of the drone, put it in the card reader and it had nothing on it, tried putting it directly into the computer and still nothing, put it back in the drone and I have all the video and picture I had just taken, tried again in the card reader and desk top, nothing. I always take the card out and look at it and put what I want to keep on the computer then put the card back in the drone and format. I record directly to my SD card on my MPZ. Any suggestions, I don't think it's the card???

Took some video this morning and like always I pulled the micro card out of the drone, put it in the card reader and it had nothing on it, tried putting it directly into the computer and still nothing, put it back in the drone and I have all the video and picture I had just taken, tried again in the card reader and desk top, nothing. I always take the card out and look at it and put what I want to keep on the computer then put the card back in the drone and format. I record directly to my SD card on my MPZ. Any suggestions, I don't think it's the card???
As a test - hook up the drone directly to the computer using a usb cable and see if the files are there and if you can transfer them. Drone needs to be on (remove gimbal protector)

As you looking in the right folder/directory on the card? I don't know if there might still be a DATE/Time bug affecting some drones or controllers but make sure to check all the files and look at them in case the dates are wrong and it does not show up with the date expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: RZR12
Not a M2P and saving to internal 8GB memory ??

Reactions: RZR12
With the SD card inserted in the drone, do like said above, use the DJI supplied USB cable that plugs directly into the side of the drone. When I do this on a Windows computer, I have 2 folders pop up. One is the drone internal memory, the 2nd window is the removable SD card.

Where are you pictures and videos you recorded?

Reactions: RZR12 and ff22
Just another thought- did you accidentally move the little lock on the SD card case1563554172106.png? It's on the upper left as you face the card. 77793

As a test - hook up the drone directly to the computer using a usb cable and see if the files are there and if you can transfer them. Drone needs to be one (remove gimbal protector)

As you looking in the right folder/directory on the card? I don't know if there might still be a DATE/Time bug affecting some drones or controllers but make sure to check all the files and look at them in case the dates are wrong and it does not show up with the date expected.
Thanks to you all, ff22 I did as you suggested and the pictures come through fine, saved the one’s I wanted in my drone file and formatted the card, that’s easier than taking the card out. Thanks for the advice?

Just another thought- did you accidentally move the little lock on the SD card caseView attachment 77793? It's on the upper left as you face the card. View attachment 77793
With the SD card inserted in the drone, do like said above, use the DJI supplied USB cable that plugs directly into the side of the drone. When I do this on a Windows computer, I have 2 folders pop up. One is the drone internal memory, the 2nd window is the removable SD card.

Where are you pictures and videos you recorded?
Exactly as you said, clicked on the first one, nothing, clicked on the second and there was my pictures! After I transferred my videos I formatted the card, I think that’s a better way to look at the pictures than taking the card out of the drone using the cable and connect directly to the drone. Thanks.

So it seems to confirm you saved your pictures to the internal memory instead of the card.

Search the YouTube sites. There are some good videos showing the steps to work through in the GO 4 APP to select the SD card or the Internal Drone Storage (only 8 GB of storage) device as your picture and movie storage location during flights.

Also, I remove my micro SD card to copy pictures and movies to my computer. If you leave the micro SD card in the drone and use the DJI supplied cable, you have to power up the drone and drain down a battery to access the micro SD card. By removing the micro SD card, I with use a micro to SD adapter and plug it into the side of my laptop SD card slot. The other way is to use a USB thumb drive that allows you to plug a micro SD card directly into the thumb drive. No power up of drone required.

If anything on drone internal memory, you have to power up the drone and use the DJI supplied cable.

I just prefer not to power up the drone (burn down a battery some) to get my files.

Sounds like he needs to check his settings....
NO, I did not save to my internal, I never do, always to my Card, I’m assuming something happened internally, I checked that and there was nothing on the internal drive. Doesn't matter now, I got my photos thanks to ff22. Besides, sometimes I just want to run my battery down a little more before I charge it, I don’t know if that’s necessary or not.

Sounds like he needs to check his settings....

NO, I did not save to my internal, I never do, always to my Card, I’m assuming something happened internally, I checked that and there was nothing on the internal drive. Doesn't matter now, I got my photos thanks to ff22. Besides, sometimes I just want to run my battery down a little more before I charge it, I don’t know if that’s necessary or not.
The only proviso: constant insertion of the cable could eventually damage the port (altho, less so with the type c cable) but by the same token, inserting/removing the sd-card could affect its spring toggle. Also dealing with that little hinged door! tradeoffs!

Its a personal thing. Do what you think is best now that you've heard a lot of comments on all sides.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial