DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card reader and Iphone

im45us

Reactions
We transfer photos from our Mavic to Iphone with a plug in SD card reader. After the latest ISO update it no longer sees the Apple brand reader. We went to the Apple store and no help.

The question is if you have an Iphone how do you transfer the images from your drone to the phone?

Thanks

Hummmm which phone!? For I do this all the time. My iPhone 7 Plus, with current IOS works fine, as well my new pro max 11 works fine. My IPad works fine, something might be fishy. I’m sure you’ve confirmed that it works on another unit first!?
I’ve also seen the upgrades to IOS cause funny business when installed in a group, or a new phone being setup from your save to ICloud. (Suggested to try restoring to fresh iOS install, and load each program, other wise going from series to series you may find some stuff not 100% correct)

anyways, I could be saying everything you know. In the end, photos does work for me on the newest. Maybe back up your photos, and try to reinstall the app!?

Hummmm which phone!? For I do this all the time. My iPhone 7 Plus, with current IOS works fine, as well my new pro max 11 works fine. My IPad works fine, something might be fishy. I’m sure you’ve confirmed that it works on another unit first!?
I’ve also seen the upgrades to IOS cause funny business when installed in a group, or a new phone being setup from your save to ICloud. (Suggested to try restoring to fresh iOS install, and load each program, other wise going from series to series you may find some stuff not 100% correct)

anyways, I could be saying everything you know. In the end, photos does work for me on the newest. Maybe back up your photos, and try to reinstall the app!?
The pics or files did just pop up before last software update but now you need to open the files app on your phone or iPad to see them

NO. Phone's are dumb computer's with limited storage space. Will usually reduce res of videos or photos to make them fit on the phone (or tablet).

Iphone 6S and 7. It worked fine with IOS 12 but does not work with 13. The Apple tech could not get it to work with any phone running IOS 13. He tried it with equipment he had, his phone, his reader and his SD card and no luck with 13.

Yea, that makes zero sense. Cause, again I have a iPhone Pro Max 11 256 gig. Heck I did not even setup as a new phone, I restore from my iCloud! (Can cause issues) I can go back to my 7 plus, works, my new one... actually just used it at a train yard.
I would flat out reset your phone all together. I would then make sure your phone is current and up to date. (13 just had some roll out updates) then for ***** a giggles, just install the DJI go 4 app and try it. With nothing else installed. I would also check to make sure your drone is good... again, plug it into a computer, check for updates.
I did fear my new phone would not work, but it does.... actually really darn good.

And you want you cache files!?
Just FYI, this feature is something I think most don’t use for this reason. Don’t cache to phone. Always use storage. Or internal storage. I would plug drone into computer and try and pull directly from that.
Best of luck

I have two Apple devices that I actively use. An iPhone 6s and a 10.5" iPad Pro. I use the iPad for flying and video/image editing, and a few other, simple things, and my phone is my phone, and it's too small for flying IMO.

So, when iOS 13 was released, I updated my phone, but I did not update my iPad - yet - and thanks to this thread, I probably will not until this issue gets worked out.

I have the Apple SD card reader, and I have used it countless times on both my iPhone and iPad, and it has worked perfectly every time. Unlock the phone, plug it in, up pops the Photos app, and go to work. Not anymore on my iPhone... Now, as far as I can see - and, as @Radpuppy mentioned above - if you go into your 'Files' app, you can browse the contents of your SD card and save what you want to your Photos, but I found it buggy. Of the 150 or so pics on my card, only half loaded a thumbnail, while the others just had an icon of an image file but no thumbnail. It was so easy before...

IMO, iOS 13 was not an upgrade. It was a very poor update with a bunch of new emojis that I will never have a reason to use...?

Last edited:
We transfer photos from our Mavic to Iphone with a plug in SD card reader. After the latest ISO update it no longer sees the Apple brand reader. We went to the Apple store and no help.

The question is if you have an Iphone how do you transfer the images from your drone to the phone?

Thanks

I use a the Drone Valley 4 in 1 memory card reader to connect to my iPhone XS Max with ios 13 on it.
I just transferred over 30 gigs with no issues.

I have two Apple devices that I actively use. An iPhone 6s and a 10.5" iPad Pro. I use the iPad for flying and video/image editing, and a few other, simple things, and my phone is my phone, and it's too small for flying IMO.

So, when iOS 13 was released, I updated my phone, but I did not update my iPad - yet - and thanks to this thread, I probably will not until this issue gets worked out.

I have the Apple SD card reader, and I have used it countless times on both my iPhone and iPad, and it has worked perfectly every time. Unlock the phone, plug it in, up pops the Photos app, and go to work. Not anymore on my iPhone... Now, as far as I can see - and, as @Radpuppy mentioned above - if you go into your 'Files' app, you can browse the contents of your SD card and save what you want to your Photos, but I found it buggy. Of the 150 or so pics on my card, only half loaded a thumbnail, while the others just had an icon of an image file but no thumbnail. It was so easy before...

IMO, iOS 13 was not an upgrade. It was a very poor update with a bunch of new emojis that I will never have a reason to use...?

So this works. It is a few extra steps but for now great. Thanks and it also tells me that the issue is ISO 13.

Thanks again all.

The reason it’s not loading a thumb of your file, iOS 13 just loads that photo. Again, just last night I took my card, 32 gig pro sd, filled and loaded to my phone. No problems. I don’t know what you are doing wrong.. but I sure have zero issues. Yes, the icon has changed, no has not slowed my import down. Really sorry your experiencing this.

Reactions: JS1600
The reason it’s not loading a thumb of your file, iOS 13 just loads that photo. Again, just last night I took my card, 32 gig pro sd, filled and loaded to my phone. No problems. I don’t know what you are doing wrong.. but I sure have zero issues. Yes, the icon has changed, no has not slowed my import down. Really sorry your experiencing this.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but others are also having the issue. Two different Apple techs couldn't figure it out. I can now get to the files by going to files so a few extra steps but not as easy as before. The fact that yours works is great. Not sure what you mean when you say that" IOS 13 just loads that photo" but I am set for now. Will see if it goes back to the was it was before after the next update.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe