DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card requiremnts

manc54

Reactions
Can anyone give me some advice here. I have a SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-I class 10 sd card. Is this card suitable for use with my Mavic Mini 2 ???

Can anyone give me some advice here. I have a SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-I class 10 sd card. Is this card suitable for use with my Mavic Mini 2 ???
Not fast enough for 4K video. A U3 card is what is required to handle the write speeds of the Mini 2.

Thanks guys. If I was to use it would it just record in HD or not save video at all

Even though the speed of a U3 card is required to record in 4K..... there are free programs for Windows and Mac that can test the read/write speed of your cards. I have found that many class 10/U1 cards are just as fast or faster than the cheaper U3s that I own. Buy quality eliminate the worry.

The class of a MicroSD is the minimum speed and not indicative of its maximum speed.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.12.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys. If I was to use it would it just record in HD or not save video at all

Usually the MicroSD card will record at whatever resolution you have the Mini 2 set for including 4K..... but the drone will complain about it sometimes and there can be visible problems in your video.

The SanDisk Ultra you have is rated for 10 MB/s minimum. The Mini 2 has a maximum bitrate of 100Mbps which translates to 12.5MB/s. MicroSD cards are inexpensive nowadays, Buy a quality U3 card and eliminate the worry.

I have found that many class 10/U1 cards are just as fast or faster than the cheaper U3s that I own.
Sure, but some cameras will simply check the card type and pop a warning/not let you record in some modes if it's not an U3, even if it's just as fast or faster.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661