DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card

Arjerram

Reactions
When taking photos, if the SD card fills, how do you know? We're going on a long vacation, won't have the ability to download the cards.

When taking photos, if the SD card fills, how do you know? We're going on a long vacation, won't have the ability to download the cards.
The information is there on screen.
It will show video/stills capacity for whichever you are using at the time.
If using DJI Fly, it's down near the bottom left:
i-Xrb5bHm-L.jpg

If your drone uses DJI Go 4, look toward the top of the screen, a bit right of the centre:
i-qkP9gFF-L.png

Like what Meta 4 said. You can see the GB in the status bar after clicking that. If it is dji fly at the bottom there is internal and sd card. That will give the exact GBs.

Ever thought of getting another card or two ?
If you only have one for the full holiday and it gets corrupted it would be a big loss.
Ever thought of getting another card or two ?
If you only have one for the full holiday and it gets corrupted it would be a big loss.
I said "cards". I intend to have more than one. But I still needed a solution.

The information is there on screen.
It will show video/stills capacity for whichever you are using at the time.
If using DJI Fly, it's down near the bottom left:
i-Xrb5bHm-L.jpg

If your drone uses DJI Go 4, look toward the top of the screen, a bit right of the centre:
i-qkP9gFF-L.png
Thank you so much. I hope to stop at Costco tomorrow and get my Mavic Mini even though the weather won't be good till Fri or so.

I second the idea of having multiple cards. You can get quality SanDisk or Samsung 32 or 64gb cards relatively cheap on Amazon and rotate them out daily, every flight or what have you. If your only card gets corrupted or ejected then the whole trip is lost but if you have 2, 3 or more cards the chances of saving most of your trip improve greatly. You could also look in to getting a card reader to plug directly in to your phone through the USB or lightning port to store your photos/ videos there as backup.

Hello, on most of my drones (MA1, MA2, YTH+, PEG and PEGX) the free space on the SD is displayed - on the MA2 i can also toggle between Time left or free space. --- usually on the top right of the screen.

I second the idea of having multiple cards. You can get quality SanDisk or Samsung 32 or 64gb cards relatively cheap on Amazon and rotate them out daily, every flight or what have you. If your only card gets corrupted or ejected then the whole trip is lost but if you have 2, 3 or more cards the chances of saving most of your trip improve greatly. You could also look in to getting a card reader to plug directly in to your phone through the USB or lightning port to store your photos/ videos there as backup.
I NEVER thought about an. SD card reader for the phone. Duh!!

I NEVER thought about an. SD card reader for the phone. Duh!!
This is probably the best solution. Once attached to your phone, you should be able to upload to a cloud service like Onedrive or something. You can get a ton of storage for very cheap these days.

Why even play with low data sized cards? 64 would be the lowest I'd ever use and prefer the 128. Not that I even come close to filling one up.

When traveling, I ALWAYS have my small laptop with me. I then transfer my days recordings to the laptop or a USB Flash Drive to clear the data on the drone card - which is a 128GB. Much easier to edit if I have the time and upload to the Internet.

No idea on how long your vaca is, but 128GB's is a lot of data - even videoing at 4k and shooting in RAW / 48MP. Several SD cards of that size also takes care of the issue too.

Why even play with low data sized cards? 64 would be the lowest I'd ever use and prefer the 128. Not that I even come close to filling one up.
You can grab a bunch of quality 64gb cards fairly cheaply( about $15us right now) and that would be my first choice after having had a few 256 and an expensive at the time 512 either self-eject over land or become corrupted I now prefer to not have all my eggs in one basket and out a good chunk of change. But when you can sometimes find a 32gb Sandisk extreme on sale for $7 I'd say go for it because 32gb is normally good for 1 full battery on an M2P or MA2. I carry a credit card sized microsd card holder in each bag that holds 10 cards and adaptor. Not all slots are full but as sales happen I have room to grow?

I switch out my sd card with each battery change to avoid losing a days shoot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N