DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card

May seem like a stupid question but, can I use a 1 TB SD card in my mini 3 pro ?
No offense but I strongly recommend reading the online manual for your aircraft, it specifies the recommended and supported sd cards. I have not seen a model that supports sd cards higher than 512 GB.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Why would you want to?
There's no reason to fly with such big cards.
A good rule of thumb is to use cards that hold as much of your work as you are prepared to lose through one incident.
That's a wise rule of thumb but that mostly applies to Pilots who are doing commercial photography.
I fly recreationally only and I personally have a 512GB in my Classic, I like having plenty of storage and I'm not worried about losing my aircraft, much less the data on it.

That's a wise rule of thumb but that mostly applies to Pilots who are doing commercial photography.
I fly recreationally only and I personally have a 512GB in my Classic, I like having plenty of storage and I'm not worried about losing my aircraft, much less the data on it.
It applies to anyone who cares about their imagery, whether it's commercial or not.
If your imagery is not valued anyway, why keep so much on a card?

In my old drone that shot 4k 30 I had a 128GB card and never had any issues with running out of space and no where near it even with several batteries and recharging while out. My new drone shoots 4k 60 so I bought a 256GB card and again it seems plenty. This time I actually bought a spare in case I wanted to switch or forgot the card. But yes seems like 512GB or more is really overkill for most people. In my opinion, it is better to remove photos/videos and start fresh each time than to have several days/weeks worth of flights on the SD card

1tb way too big. You only need a 128 or 256, but it is a good idea to have 2. After each flight I swap the card out and backup what videos or pictures I've just taken. That way, if there is a disaster, you have your previous footage already stored (also why I screencap all the time .... Just in case)

1tb way too big. You only need a 128 or 256, but it is a good idea to have 2. After each flight I swap the card out and backup what videos or pictures I've just taken. That way, if there is a disaster, you have your previous footage already stored (also why I screencap all the time .... Just in case)
On a Mini 3 pro where does the Screencap get saved to, is it the SD card?

I've done just fine with 64GB cards and never really run out of space. I also make it a habit to swap cards when I swap batteries.

Reactions: Chalkey and tokertm
Ditto, I use 64GB & it's enough for a days work. I then transfer to computer for editing. To me, sd capacity is a function of how many batteries you have.

Since I too lazy to look it up, isn’t that a rather expensive card?
Yes it is if you don't find one on sale.
I found a Lexar 1066X V30 for $110.00 CDN in store nearby. Excellent deal!

I know that I use only a 256 gb cards and 128 gb cards in my drones. I have never seen a reason to need anything larger than that. I carry around about 8 cards with me so if one were to fill up I can swap one in right away. They really don't cost that much anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet