DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sd Full card reading

Vacation guy

Reactions
I tried a search but couldn't either makes sense or find the same situation.

Im not a techie so I'll do my best here. My remote says SD card full while connected to the drone. When I film it does cache video and photos onto my phone. I do have the app set to overwrite old cache. Normally I download these from the mini Sd card to my computer. Today the card showed empty when I plugged it into the reader.
Any ideas whats happening?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: rodk
I tried a search but couldn't either makes sense or find the same situation.

Im not a techie so I'll do my best here. My remote says SD card full while connected to the drone. When I film it does cache video and photos onto my phone. I do have the app set to overwrite old cache. Normally I download these from the mini Sd card to my computer. Today the card showed empty when I plugged it into the reader.
Any ideas whats happening?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried to re format the card in the Mavic?
If it still shows card as full, then there could be a issue with the card itself.

I have not. Do I need to connect to the Mavic to try that? Thanks
Absolutely. Start up everything as usual. Be sure card is inserted in the Mavic.
Go to main settings in Go. Scroll to bottom and you will have the option to format.

Absolutely. Start up everything as usual. Be sure card is inserted in the Mavic.
Go to main settings in Go. Scroll to bottom and you will have the option to format.
Awesome, It worked great. I never formatted the first one but it worked for a while. Took a short film and it all worked just fine. Many thanks.

Reactions: Drone Master
Awesome, It worked great. I never formatted the first one but it worked for a while. Took a short film and it all worked just fine. Many thanks.

I believe this is quite a common misconception, and I am confident that this would be very, very different if people looked at the Mavic as what it really is; a camera with the ability to fly.

Coming from professional photography, I truly believe that one never should go out on a mission - either stills or video, drone or SLR - without emptying the memory cards immediately after mission end.

Hope this can help others in similar situations as the OP.

Reactions: Vacation guy
Did you delete the files manually whrn transferring to the computer? Secondly, is your computer a Mac by chance? If so, when you delete files from an attached storage device on a Mac it creates a trash folder and moves the files into it, but still on the removable device. The only way to remove them completely is to empty the trash. If you plugged the card into a PC you will see the folder and files are still there.

Just another trap!

Reactions: Vacation guy
Did you delete the files manually whrn transferring to the computer? Secondly, is your computer a Mac by chance? If so, when you delete files from an attached storage device on a Mac it creates a trash folder and moves the files into it, but still on the removable device. The only way to remove them completely is to empty the trash. If you plugged the card into a PC you will see the folder and files are still there.

Just another trap!

Yes, a Mac. Very interesting point. I did dump in trash manually. Since formatting the card it has shown nothing on it under Information.
Thanks

Yeah thought that may have been the case. For some reason Mac creates a new trash folder on the card and simply moves and renames the files instead of deleting them. Card looks empty when viewing it but the properties shows it full. Reformatting in the Mavic is the perfect cure for that!

Is there a way to delete media FROM THE SD CARD in the Mavic remotely thru the DJIGO4 app? I was out in the Gulf of Mexico fishing and was only able to film 1 vid before getting the SD FULL message on the RC. I tried to delete some old videos using the DJIgo4 editor but although I deleted some vids, I still got the SD FULL message and couldn't do any more vids.

Is there a way to delete media FROM THE SD CARD in the Mavic remotely thru the DJIGO4 app? I was out in the Gulf of Mexico fishing and was only able to film 1 vid before getting the SD FULL message on the RC. I tried to delete some old videos using the DJIgo4 editor but although I deleted some vids, I still got the SD FULL message and couldn't do any more vids.

Sure, you'll be able to format your memory card from the DJI Go4 app. That is the safest way of clearing out space so you'll be able to record new videos on the card [emoji4]

You'll find the option to format the card in the "main" menu, if you touch the (hopefully) green "Ready"-button, at the very end of the list you'll see information about the capacity of the media and the "Format" selector.

Hope this helps!

I also found that to ensure the MP continues to read the card correctly, I use the MP to format the card after a dozen flights depending on how much video is shot.

Thanks. I thought about that but wasn't sure if I wanted to delete EVERYTHING at the time. I was just wondering if you could pick and choose what to delete from the SD card using the DJIgo4 app

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread, I had a 32GB that wasn't being recognized in the Mav, I just reformatted in my DSLR and then the Mav recognized it and I was able to reformat again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan