DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagull kills £30,000 surveillance drone.

Here's a link, for those who would like more information:

"A picture shred [shared] with the News & Star shows the black rain-spattered " The article is a bit confusing to me as the images show what looks like a Phantom 3 with a unique camera installed and what appears to be an Inspire 1 in another one. This leaves me to scratch my head in wonder.

I have noticed here that the big black backed gulls get interested and aggressive when flying in their space and I wouldn't want to collide with one of them :-( . At least the headline doesn't read drone kills seagull, how much is one of them worth?

All they needed was a Ken Heron "Eyes" sticker on the drone to deter the seagulls - LOL
Yeah! The Eyes have a strong following (but NOT birds). Also, a textured fluorescent orange body / body parts are also gaining a deterrent reputation.

From the pictures illustrating the article, it looks as though the authorities flying the drones are paying WAY too much for their kit. If anyone from them is reading I've got a nice DJI 550 that should clean up nicely, a snip at two grand, Has anybody heard if the gull is ok?

Seagull try to attack my drone all the time, but I think they are afraid of it. They are pretty much cowards here (most of them)

One has to be careful not to harm a Seagull where I live. The California Gull is our State Bird and are quite beloved. It’s a severe penalty to kill or harm one. Droners be forewarned. I kid you not!

05250243-38F4-4139-82B9-7247B3A78DAB.jpeg
Heck, we even build Monuments to them. “Seagull Monument,” Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.

Last edited:
They like french fries, i know that much

PS: Remind me to insure my drone for that ammount ?

One has to be careful not to harm a Seagull where I live. The California Gull is our State Bird and are quite beloved. It’s a severe penalty to kill or harm one. Droners be forewarned. I kid you not!

View attachment 76699
Heck, we even build Monuments to them. “Seagull Monument,” Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.

I always thought that the California Condor was the state bird but Google says it's the California Quail. Where did you read that it's the seagull? Everyone I know hates those stupid gulls so I'm also surprised to see you saying that they're beloved.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Wait til a gull poos on your car, then see if you like them - if left overnight it'll ruin the paint job! Been there, seen that!

I always thought that the California Condor was the state bird but Google says it's the California Quail. Where did you read that it's the seagull? Everyone I know hates those stupid gulls so I'm also surprised to see you saying that they're beloved.
He is from Utah, not California ; )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake