DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagull problems!

Sorry, I don't understand? I am currently in Bypass mode, and that abort the mission. So what you saying is that waypoints will not work if I'm in sport mode?
You said ... the obstacle avoidance kicks in and result in a "Flystate" (In Airdata UAV) to change from Waypoint to Detour. Flight Reader indicates it as "Flight mode changed to P-GPS (Bypass)." This causes the waypoint mission to ABORT (Which I understand)

If the flight mode changing cancels the waypoint mission, I think that changing the flight mode to Sport Mode will probably also cancel the waypoint mission.
That's how it works in Litchi.
Do some testing and find out if it does for you too.

I believe you can run waypoints with OA off and then it won't abort if an obstacle is detected, rather it will just continue the mission and fly straight in to it.

If there are no bonafide obstacles in the flight path, but just false triggers from the Seagulls, this may be an option. See p. 44 of the Air 3 manual.

OA serves no useful purpose for "obstacles" like Seagulls. If there are no trees, buildings, etc. anywhere near the flight path of your waypoint mission, turn it off, problem solved.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2