DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second monitor?

TheChrisLo

Reactions
In the field with no wifi, what is the best way to mirror your iphones display to an ipad while flying for use as a second monitor, hardline or not.
Im considering a usb to double lightning, plugging into both iphone and ipad from controller, but not sure how this will affect touch screen controls while both devices are up.
Or, is there a way to use phone as a hotspot, and a mirroring app? Thank you in advance!

In the field with no wifi, what is the best way to mirror your iphones display to an ipad while flying for use as a second monitor, hardline or not.
Im considering a usb to double lightning, plugging into both iphone and ipad from controller, but not sure how this will affect touch screen controls while both devices are up.
Or, is there a way to use phone as a hotspot, and a mirroring app? Thank you in advance!
The double lightning will not work at all. You cannot split a data connection like that.

There’s honestly not a good option for this however you look at it

You could Wi-Fi tether one to the other and use a mirroring app on both sides, one being the "sender" and the other the "receiver"

Reactions: Elude
You could Wi-Fi tether one to the other and use a mirroring app on both sides, one being the "sender" and the other the "receiver"
Unfortunately the apps that I have tried that are designed for this have such latency and drop outs they are pretty much useless.
Think im just goig to get a lightening cable extension, and fly using the ipad from a foot or 2 away, allowing director to look over my shoulder.

Litchi has an app to allow for a second device to "watch" the mission. It's called Litchi Vue. So, this could be viewed on a second monitor

Reactions: Elude
After trying over 10 apps, I managed to mirror my Go4 Android to another Android using ApowerMirror, which is free. It says it works with ios devices as well (I havent tried though).
The only trick is that you need to set the 2nd device as the wi-fi router for it to work.
The lag is low (less than 0,5s) and it is reasonably smooth (skip frames like a 24p played at 30p), and the connection breaks sometimes. It is not perfect but better than sharing your primary device with the director or spending 500usd on a hdmi output (Smart Controller or Crystal Sky), and I like the fact that it is wireless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661