DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking Advice on Using a DJI Charger Bought in China in the USA

JC_Wang

Reactions
Has anyone tried using a DJI charger purchased in China and used it here in the USA? I'm wondering if there might be any compatibility issues or if I need to take any precautions before plugging it in and charging my drone batteries. I've heard that voltage and plug type differences can sometimes cause problems when using electronics across different countries, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Hmmm, I would say that if it has the correct plug type for the US, you would be safe. On the device, all voltage types and ranges should be listed. If it shows 110 v, you are definitely ok

Reactions: JC_Wang
Has anyone tried using a DJI charger purchased in China and used it here in the USA? I'm wondering if there might be any compatibility issues or if I need to take any precautions before plugging it in and charging my drone batteries. I've heard that voltage and plug type differences can sometimes cause problems when using electronics across different countries, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.
Check for the AC input power. It should be listed at something like 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz. US is 120 vac at 60hz, China is 220 VAC at 50hz. Most, if not all, of the DJI chargers should run 100ro 240. You can always check on the DJI siet, like this one for the Air 2: Buy Mavic Air 2 Battery Charger - DJI Store

When I bought my mavic 3 pro in Thailand, it came with literally 7 different plugs! I didn't want to carry them around on my trip, so I threw 6 away. I'm sure the chargers all go from 100 to 240 volts. So you should have no problem.

China uses 220V 50 Hz, so make sure the charger can also take 110V input.

I recently purchased a used smart controller for my Air 2. I have the latest firmware. I am flying in the same place that I always fly. Flat open field with no above power lines. Am I am within the visual line of site and I am getting a "weak signal" notification. Changing the position of the antennas or altitude of the drone doesn't change anything. Is there something I can do like calibrate the IMU (which I never did)?

I recently purchased a used smart controller for my Air 2. I have the latest firmware. I am flying in the same place that I always fly. Flat open field with no above power lines. Am I am within the visual line of site and I am getting a "weak signal" notification. Changing the position of the antennas or altitude of the drone doesn't change anything. Is there something I can do like calibrate the IMU (which I never did)?
I would say you should start a new thread for this. I am suspicious of any used drone equipment. I assume you couldn't test it first. Sorry about your face!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne