DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking drone pilot collaborator for photogrammetry-based capture of interesting sites in Los Angeles

Studiomod

Reactions
I'm a visual artist who has been working with photogrammetry modeling for the last few years and looking to get into 3D scanning a few interesting landmarks in the area. Looking for a licensed drone pilot who wants to get into photogrammetry that would be interested in skill-sharing and scanning a few interesting sites in the LA / SoCal area. If you are already into scanning and have Lidar equipped drone for aerial surveying, I could pay an even small fee, but I'm trying to stay away from big surveying firms and looking for more enthusiasm-based individuals because that's more on the level that I'm working at. I'd be willing to process some files in Reality Capture of your scans in exchange for data collection for specific sites I need scanned.

Reply here or feel free to send a private message if interested in discussing further.

Reactions: NightFlightAlright
Good luck, LIDAR equipped drones aren't cheap and can command some pretty hefty operating costs from their operator/owner as an ROI. If you haven't yet, consider posting on the Commercial Drone pilots forum. You stand a better chance at finding someone with LIDAR there.

Fortunately, photogrammetry does not need an expensive LIDAR. It uses landmarks and the shift of perspective when moving along, recreating a 3D footprint. See OpenDroneMap for more details.

Good luck, LIDAR equipped drones aren't cheap and can command some pretty hefty operating costs from their operator/owner as an ROI. If you haven't yet, consider posting on the Commercial Drone pilots forum. You stand a better chance at finding someone with LIDAR there.
Thanks for your response. I would be happy to work with someone without the LiDAR setup. The photogrammetry process can be done with just photos or video footage.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Thanks for your response. I would be happy to work with someone without the LiDAR setup. The photogrammetry process can be done with just photos or video footage.
What are the areas you are looking to scan? I only have an Air 2S, and would do this as a hobby/skill exchange if we can come to an agreement. I'm on the far eastern edge of LA county, and TBH, I'd rather not travel into or beyond LA.

Got it, yes that’s a long way from where I’m thinking, so it’s understandable if it’s too far.

I will DM you the exact locations I’m thinking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929