DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seems like a dangerous flight

Looks like a very stupid operator, deserved to loose it.

Are stating it was Mavic 3, and how would you know?

Rod ..

WAY too close to that jetski with a Mavic Cine!- And the jet ski operator has a passenger! The pilot got off cheap compared to the hospital bills They could be paying.
Hopefully the operator can't afford a second one!

Reactions: dart106 and RodPad
WAY too close to that jetski with a Mavic Cine!- And the jet ski operator has a passenger! The pilot got off cheap compared to the hospital bills They could be paying.
Hopefully the operator can't afford a second one!
That's what I was thinking. I fly near boats and jetskies, and follow them around, but I never get closer than 100 ft or so, and I always stay at least 75 ft above them, to avoid collison. I use the zoom to get closer shots. I fly a Mav 3 enterprise. The 7x is great during sunny days. It's total digital zoom 56x.

Reactions: RodPad
There is something weird about the video, etc.

Now, I going to wait until the OP fills in some blanks.

Rod ..

There is something weird about the video, etc.

Now, I going to wait until the OP fills in some blanks.

Rod ..
I thought it was pretty low quality for a Cine, but since the drone went for a swim, I was thinking maybe the video was a screen recording. Don't know much about the Cine and my only DJI experience is with the RC controller, so don't know if screen recording is even a thing for the Cine.

@YourGoodPalJeff

I try to look for the facts, I hang back in this case I have know clue what "Cine" even means.

Rod ..
Mavic 3 Cine is a step above the Mavic 3 pro and runs in the neighborhood of $4,800. Supposed to be geared toward pro content creators. Apple proRes capable with a 1TB SSD on board. You'd expect to see very high quality video come out of it.

Yes it was the rc cache recording. He didn't recover the drone. It was a cine. He bought the other two drones after the loss, or at least he was planning on buying them. Yes, he brags about how much money he has.

Yes, he brags about how much money he has.
The person He hits with his Antics Will Take care of that.
In the U.S. he would not only be breaking the law BUT If The Operator of the Jet ski agreed to be filmed for a monetized you-tube channel The pilot of that drone could be facing fines from OSHA for violations of 7929. You see even if you did not pay the persons- They agreed to appear -this makes them Actors covered under 7929 and Workplace safety for actors is just the same as work place safety for the Construction industry.
Many stories of FAA Fines neglect to report on the OSHA letter that will be recieved weeks to months later. If you think the FAA has ridiculous Fines Let me introduce you to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook