DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Segovia (Spain) World Heritage City

eutx9795

Reactions
Feel free to comment or ask whatever. Thanks!!

Segovia is a Spanish city and municipality in the southern part of the autonomous community of Castilla y León, capital of the province of the same name. It is located at the confluence of the Eresma and Clamores rivers, at the foot of the Guadarrama mountain range. The old city and the aqueduct of Segovia were declared World Heritage by Unesco in 1985. The aqueduct, 818 meters long, is considered the most important Roman civil engineering work in Spain, and is one of the most significant monuments and better preserved than those left by the Romans in the Iberian Peninsula.

In 1985 the old city of Segovia and its aqueduct were declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. Within the environment of the old city, that is to say, the old town, there is a diversity of historical buildings, both civil and religious, and not only Catholics, but also Jews, as the neighborhood that occupied this minority, which remembers the passage of the different cultures around the city. One of the best examples of this cultural diversity is represented by the old synagogue, now the Corpus Christi Church, and by the Jewish cemetery located in "El Pinarillo"

Among its monuments include:

The aqueduct of Segovia, located in the emblematic Plaza del Azoguejo, is the distinctive symbol of the city, the date of its construction, which could be carried out at the end of the first century or the beginning of the second century, is unknown and the most important Roman civil engineering work in Spain, it was built with some 25,000 granite blocks joined together without any mortar, it has a length of 818 meters in its most visible part; although we must not forget that its total route is about 15 km from the catchment dam near the Puente Alta reservoir. It consists of more than 170 arches and its highest part measures 29 meters, as it reaches in the Azoguejo, its most visited area.

The Alcázar de Segovia, royal palace located on top of a rock between the Eresma and Clamores rivers, is documented for the first time in 1122, although it is possible that it existed in earlier times. It was one of the favorite residences of the kings of Castile, built in the transition from Romanesque to Gothic, and which highlights the Mudejar decoration of its spacious rooms. The building is articulated through two courtyards and has two towers, the Tribute and the Juan II. It was the favorite residence of Alfonso X el Sabio and Enrique IV, and from it Isabel the Catholic left to be crowned Queen of Castile in the main square. Devastated by a fire in 1862, it was later rebuilt. It currently houses the General Military Archive of Segovia and the museum of the Royal Artillery College, managed by the Alcázar Board.

The monastery of San Antonio el Real was the old hunting pavilion of Henry IV and later became a convent. Its coffered coffered ceilings of Mudejar style are unique, dating from 1455, they are all from the time (in contrast to the ceilings of the Alcázar de Segovia that were destroyed during the fire of 1862 and rebuilt at the beginning of the 20th century). The church has a Mudejar ceiling and the cloister (now converted into a museum) presents other examples of Mudejar ceilings with a Nazari technique.

The Cathedral of Santa María is the last Gothic cathedral that was built in Spain. It is considered to be the masterpiece of Basque-Spanish Gothic and is known as "The Lady of the Cathedrals". It is the third cathedral of the city, and preserves the cloister of the second, located opposite the fortress and destroyed during the War of the Communities in 1520. In his works worked Juan and Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón, and other masters of architecture Spanish. It was consecrated in 1768 and has dimensions of 105 meters long, 50 meters wide and 33 meters high in the central nave; It consists of 18 chapels and has three access doors: the Perdón, the San Frutos and the San Geroteo, the first bishop of the diocese.

The walls of Segovia already existed when Alfonso VI de León snatched the city from the Arabs, who ordered it to be enlarged, reaching a perimeter of 3 kilometers, eighty towers, five doors and several shutters. Its construction was mainly made with granite ashlars, although tombstones of the Roman necropolis were also reused. The wall crosses the old town, and currently has three doors: San Cebrián, with great austerity; Santiago, of Mudejar aspect; and San Andrés, access door to the Jewish quarter; and the shutters of Consuelo, San Juan, del Sol and Luna.

No one likes the video?? Any comment about it?

I like it very much. Colours pop out but at the same time look quite realistic. Very good flying and framing. Nice music. Kudos

Reactions: eutx9795
I like it very much. Colours pop out but at the same time look quite realistic. Very good flying and framing. Nice music. Kudos

This time I decided to don't saturate too much the colors as I use to do. Nice to know you like them.

Thanks for your comment!!

Great stuff
Would love to visit there.
Hope to be that good dome day

Thanks!!

Hope you can visit here. It's an awesome city

Very nicely filmed and edited. This city is spectacular, and reminds me of both Bavaria and Tuscany. When we visit Spain, this has to be on our list. Thank you for this gift.

Reactions: eutx9795
Just watched and really enjoyed the video. My wife and were just in Segovia. It's a beautiful place and you did a great job capturing it!
Thanks for so nice words and nice you enjoy of the city in first person

Very nicely filmed and edited. This city is spectacular, and reminds me of both Bavaria and Tuscany. When we visit Spain, this has to be on our list. Thank you for this gift.
Nice to know you have added Segovia to your visit list after watch this video. Thanks!!

Just watched and really enjoyed the video. My wife and were just in Segovia. It's a beautiful place and you did a great job capturing it!
Just for curiosity, witch part of the city of building did you like more?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev