Reactions
Hi all, I now have in hand the 6 pack of Freewell filters. Listed below

ND8
ND16
ND32
CPL
ND-8PL
ND16-PL

I well understand the reason for the ND and levels depending on brightness but for clear sun and over watery settings what would be the go to?

The PL refers to polarized, would it be logical in the above sun and water settings to just always use the PL version?

Guidence from experience would be great.

I am not an expert but have been doing some research and learning a lot. From what I understand you really only need the polarizing filters to remove glare on objects like water and snow although they can also be used to create special filming effects since they also increase saturation. Keep in mind that with the PL filters there is a "sweet spot" so you need to rotate the filter to get the desired effect.

I am not an expert but have been doing some research and learning a lot. From what I understand you really only need the polarizing filters to remove glare on objects like water and snow although they can also be used to create special filming effects since they also increase saturation. Keep in mind that with the PL filters there is a "sweet spot" so you need to rotate the filter to get the desired effect.

I think PL filter is only good for photo since you can turn the filter to get desired effect. But for video with constantly change angle with the sun, it is not going to work

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Cimriver and Nigpd
Well that all depends, if you are filming a specific scene, say a landscape, and you are not turning much but just travelling in one direction there is a possibility that a polarized lens would help you depending on other factors. I guess what I am saying is I think that saying Polarized is "not going to work" is wrong. Is it only needed in just the right conditions? Absolutely.

Reactions: finalfantasyfans
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980