DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selfie without the controller in the shot?

lomposlapos

Reactions
How to do a selfie, quickshot or other, photo or video, without the controller showing in the picture?

This is going to sound obvious, but you need to place the remote controller in a location where the camera cannot see it.

This is going to sound obvious, but you need to place the remote controller in a location where the camera cannot see it.

Can a quickshot, for example, taken while I hide the controller unattended? In other words, in fully autopilot mode. If yes, what is the maximum time in minutes I can reasonably and safely afford to be in no-control in hand mode?

Can a quickshot, for example, taken while I hide the controller unattended?
QuickShot flight modes are automated. They'll carry on whether or not you're holding the remote controller.

what is the maximum time in minutes I can reasonably and safely afford to be in no-control in hand mode?
Unlimited if the automated features work as designed. They certainly aren't failproof, so you'll want to keep the remote controller in your hands as much as possible.

You could hold the controller behind your back if you if are OK with no showing your hands in the photo/video. With the quickshots, if I remember correctly, you have 3 secs before it actually starts. As for taking photos, there's the button on the remote, which you can press holding the controller behind your back.
With quickshots, the process and flight path is automated at a predictable manner. You just work out when it starts, flight path it takes and when it finishes.

Honestly if I were to do it a lot I would just make a hook of some type to hook it on the back of my pants, or side, whatever is opposite of the camera.

I often use the timer when I shoot myself, ans don't want to see the RC in my hands on the picture...I firstly watch for a good place to hide it around , then hit the button, and get 10sec to hide the RC ....and sometimes I take some funny pics of a "madman in a strange attitude ", ahah ;)

But I still don't find any way to do it while filming, except in some automatic modes, which limits possibilities ...

How to do a selfie, quickshot or other, photo or video, without the controller showing in the picture?

You have up to 60 shots per second when you video yourself, so use tripod in video mode, and then later extract the best shots from the video. Using an intelligent mode, or just hover in tripod mode, allows you to put your remote out of view. There are multiple apps on IOS and Android which do that. It’s not going to be a 20 Mpix shot, but if it is for a selfie, then you don’t need a very high resolution, although the picture extracted will be of a decent quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas