DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sell my new un-flown Mavic air 2 to get 2s?

Interesting question, I was in a similar “quandary” today. Ordered a MA2 through B&H yesterday, the Fly More with extra filters, landing pad, etc… thrown in. Then I checked Costco last night, and saw they are selling the 2S for a comparable price, but NOT with the Fly More package. It does include a 128Gb card and an extra battery, but that’s it. I could/can still cancel my B&H order, and wondered if I should.

My solution was to fire up a spreadsheet, and add up the “value” of each component in the two options. The value is simply what it would cost me to buy each from B&H. I totaled up values for each option, then subtracted the actual price I would be paying, to see how much of a discount I would be getting. The M2A was around $350 better than the Costco alternative, and while the A2S looks very nice, to me it’s not worth $350 more, especially for my first drone.

One last thing that kept me with the B&H option is that Chase is offering 5% on PayPal purchases through the end of the year. Costco doesn’t take PayPal, but B&H does. 5% doesn’t pay all of the 8.25% sales tax here, but it helps.
ETA: I'm getting an A2S, as my MA2 will be on the way back to B&H today, in the unopened box. The delivery process was so horrible that I cancelled my order on Tuesday, only to have it show up yesterday anyway. Post order cancellation, I looked again at the A2S, and thought why the heck not? YOLO! :cool:

If I purchase the Air 2s I have parts/battery compatibility with the Air 2. I already have 3 batteries for my Air 2 and I will have 4 once I purchase the 2s. I will also have a backup drone by keeping my Air 2.
This right here is a quandry I'm in. I own both an Air 2 and Air 2s and was looking to trade the Air 2 for either a Mini2 + extras or a Sony A7 with accessories. I don't fly the Air 2 as often now and could use either a Mini 2 or the Sony but then I think about all the spares I have by keeping both. 6 batteries, props for days...... but you can only fly one at a time.

Reasonable logic. I'm looking forward to the release of the Air 3 in the next year or so, and will have to consider the parts/battery compatibility question before selling my MA2. Thanks.

...and will have to consider the parts/battery compatibility question before selling my MA2. Thanks.
That's what I have heard numerous times. DJI stops making replacement batteries (soon?) after a drone becomes EOL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE