DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

selling my soul

don't forget to tell OP about the worst part of Android which is the discharge of battery on the controller and the crappy usb selections !
AN OTG Y solves this issue in its entirety.
Re Holders; you can make your own with a little flat aluminum and a pop riveter from Home Depot. Note I prefer the Lekufee Tablet / phone holder with an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab (SM-T290)

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
I am on an iPad mini 4 and while it is definitely showing its age, I would use it in all my M2P flights if only the screen were brighter. Dinosaur though it is, it is absolutely up to flying the bird. My home work is all on PC's, but I've found Apple iOS just fine to work with, and to do so with DJIGo4. I've read that the Mini5 is 25% brighter than the 4, and perhaps that will be good enough. The faster processor is definitely a sale for me. In the meantime I use iPhone8 and that is just fine.

As to Cellular vs non~, I recommend the cellular mainly if you are going to be doing any post work in the field for a client. That way you can fly, shoot, edit/email-to-client and fly again if necessary. Otherwise the Wi-Fi-only version should do you fine.

I've been using Android since I bought my first Phantom 5 yrs ago.
Half the price of Apple and no problems whatsoever.
You don't need GPS in the tablet as the drone has it's own and you don't need cellular.
Go for 2GB+ of RAM

I am not an Apple fan but DJI apps work better on Apple devices because the CEO of DJI is unfortunately an Apple zealot and fan of late Steve Jobs. I read about his background. But I use on my Platinum Mavic Pro an Android tablet that cost me less than $100 bucks and had zero issues.

Reactions: Phill
When I bought both MP, I noticed on the box the drone was in. For best results, trouble free flying
use a apple device. Forgot the exact wording, but have not been subjected to any major problems.
Matter of fact looking to buy the ipad mini 5, because screen is brighter and its faster. That's just me,
pilots have to make their own choice on what to buy.

I am not an Apple fan but DJI apps work better on Apple devices
When I bought both MP, I noticed on the box the drone was in. For best results, trouble free flying
use a apple device.
Each time this topic comes up, these myths get brought out again.
Despite the number of times they are repeated, they just aren't true.
The DJI app can run just as well (or poorly) on devices of either operating system.
If the device is a modern one with a fast enough processor and enough RAM, it will run well.
On an older device with a slow processor and not enough RAM, the experience can be disappointing regardless of whether the device is Apple or Android.

The sticker on the box confuses many people.
i-zdk2C5q-S.jpg

It is not there to say that DJI equipment is made specially for, or runs better on Apple devices.
"Made for iPhone" is a developer marketing program from Apple that allows a developer to certify that their device/app meets certain criteria to work well with the Apple platform.
It doesn't mean that it doesn't work well with other platforms, it just means they worked directly with Apple to meet the MFi certification standards to work well with the iPhone.

Each time this topic comes up, these myths get brought out again.
Despite the number of times they are repeated, they just aren't true.
The DJI app can run just as well (or poorly) on devices of either operating system.
If the device is a modern one with a fast enough processor and enough RAM, it will run well.
On an older device with a slow processor and not enough RAM, the experience can be disappointing regardless of whether the device is Apple or Android.

The sticker on the box confuses many people.
i-zdk2C5q-S.jpg

It is not there to say that DJI equipment is made specially for, or runs better on Apple devices.
"Made for iPhone" is a developer marketing program from Apple that allows a developer to certify that their device/app meets certain criteria to work well with the Apple platform.
It doesn't mean that it doesn't work well with other platforms, it just means they worked directly with Apple to meet the MFi certification standards to work well with the iPhone.

I agree completely with you in every aspect but what I was trying to add is that the CEO of DJI has been always an Apple and Steve Jobs fan... So because of his love for Apple many has speculated that DJI put more quality resorts on the IOS app.

many has speculated that DJI put more quality resorts on the IOS app.
That sort of speculation is just not supported by any evidence.
The app runs perfectly well on good Android tablets, just as it does on up to date Apple devices.

Reactions: Thomas B
I agree completely with you in every aspect but what I was trying to add is that the CEO of DJI has been always an Apple and Steve Jobs fan... So because of his love for Apple many has speculated that DJI put more quality resorts on the IOS app.
I’ve seen nothing to indicate DJI’s CEO was a fanboy of the late Steve Jobs.
The main difference is that the Apple version is one version and closed source... the Android versions are modified by each manufacturer to suit the device they make.

Ive only just joined and asked for help about android tablets, lots of people keep telling me ipad mini 4
Now i dont like apple but was prepared to look, and it came as no suprise that apple made having gps a substantial upgrade. now i fully understand that i would only realy need gps in the ipad if i moved my homepoint mid flight and needed to hit the return to home button or have the drone auto return of its own choice. as far as maps go a wifi only tablet could be linked via a hotspot on my phone (i have 20 gig a month data) so incase i do sell my soul to the devil and buy apple ( oh another reason was the fact it fits just with no addapter required) a couple of questions
1, is the mini 4 up to the job of receiving the video from a mavic2pro
2, what spec is required storage wise, this would be a drone only tablet so dji go 4 and any other apps , 15gig, 32 gig , 64 gig?
3, is the cellular/gps version needed or not, did you buy the lesser and regret it?

I cant believe im genuinly asking this ?
I use a 10 inch tablet for serious video no GPS
And one of two phones with GPS but rely on the mavic for its positioning.
All android love the flexibility
Ive only just joined and asked for help about android tablets, lots of people keep telling me ipad mini 4
Now i dont like apple but was prepared to look, and it came as no suprise that apple made having gps a substantial upgrade. now i fully understand that i would only realy need gps in the ipad if i moved my homepoint mid flight and needed to hit the return to home button or have the drone auto return of its own choice. as far as maps go a wifi only tablet could be linked via a hotspot on my phone (i have 20 gig a month data) so incase i do sell my soul to the devil and buy apple ( oh another reason was the fact it fits just with no addapter required) a couple of questions
1, is the mini 4 up to the job of receiving the video from a mavic2pro
2, what spec is required storage wise, this would be a drone only tablet so dji go 4 and any other apps , 15gig, 32 gig , 64 gig?
3, is the cellular/gps version needed or not, did you buy the lesser and regret it?

I cant believe im genuinly asking this ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803