DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling Online vs In Person

rstcso

Reactions
For those who've sold online, how do you typically get paid? I've only sold locally before, not online. What I have to offer will reach a much broader audience on a brand/device-specific platform, but I have concerns with handling the transaction.

I would appreciate advice from those experienced in this area.

Thank you.

Always PayPal. You’re protected, the buyer is protected.
Th best advice I can give regarding selling online is to take photos of whatever you’re selling as you pack it, and when it’s packed. Video is even better. I only say this because I had someone that bought a drone from me that claimed it was broken, and there were bits falling off it. They’d clearly crashed it after they took delivery. Luckily I’d videod my packing it, and writing their address on it so they didn’t have a leg to stand on.

I’ve purchased a P4P on the phantom forum, and we used PayPal to facilitate the transaction. PayPal is quite trustworthy.

Reactions: Thomas B
When I receive a payment I try to use Zelle or Venmo (direct payments) or Paypal. Also as mentioned above take photos/video when you pack it up.

Thanks for the advice of videotaping the packing and sealing. Great idea.

Who pays the PayPal fees? I guess like everything else in this world, it's negotiable?

Reactions: Lastrexking
Thanks for the advice of videotaping the packing and sealing. Great idea.

Who pays the PayPal fees? I guess like everything else in this world, it's negotiable?
Yep.

For those who've sold online, how do you typically get paid? I've only sold locally before, not online. What I have to offer will reach a much broader audience on a brand/device-specific platform, but I have concerns with handling the transaction.

Thank you.
I prefer to always buy and sell in person, with a full test flight. That way the condition is well known by both parties at the time of the transaction. There are a few cases where I purchased items from well known members of these forums and those went well. Never an issue.

Sure I can take precautions (like using PayPal, video and pictures, etc) but why go through the hassle when I can buy/sell locally? Sometimes it can take a bit longer to sell locally but I am in no rush and I feel that I get the best transaction that way.

I appreciate the feedback and advice. This is why my shed, garage, closets, etc. are full of stuff I thought I "needed" but rarely, if ever, used.

I prefer to always buy and sell in person, with a full test flight. That way the condition is well known by both parties at the time of the transaction. There are a few cases where I purchased items from well known members of these forums and those went well. Never an issue.

I'm willing to drive a couple hundred miles to meet someone, but living in central Texas, that means I'm still limited to sales in Texas! Of course, if the other party is up for a road trip, it would be beneficial for both of us.

Reactions: PhantomFandom

Thank you.
Pay Pal is your safest bet in my opinion. I do a fair amount of selling on eBay and they work together. You are totally protected. You register with Pay Pal, give them your bank routing number or your credit card for file, and they will hold and secure funds from the buyer until the buyer has received merchandise and is happy. Then they release the funds to your bank account or you credit card balance.

There was one occasion where my buyer was not happy with my Osmo Mobile 2 ( he was not able to pair it with the app and thought it was broken). I was forced to return the money and pay the return shipping. www.paypal.com

I guess my concern is dealing with a dispute via PayPal. That's why I'm willing to drive a few hours to meet up with someone if within range.

One out of many transactions shouldn't scare me off.Thank you for sharing your experience.

I guess my concern is dealing with a dispute via PayPal. That's why I'm willing to drive a few hours to meet up with someone if within range.

One out of many transactions shouldn't scare me off.Thank you for sharing your experience.
Firstly, I have no connection to Pay Pal. But their dispute department is quite easy to work with. You can actually speak to a human being (albeit with a heavy Asian accent), but they usually can resolve my problem. On their home page there is a place towards the bottom for you to check "call me." They will call you back and they will have your information on their screen. They have resolved every question and problem I have had.

Recently, for example, I was almost scammed on e-bay. An item I had on sale for 4 months (motion slider) was listed at $2000. I received an e mail "You have an offer!!" I was first excited, then dismayed, since I suspected a scammer. The "buyer" was offering me $3000 plus California tax and shipping. I immediately became suspicious. I called e-bay and they guided me through and it turned out to be a scamming offer. They are about as safe as I can find, but they do take a small commission. For me it's worth it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin