DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SEND FOR FIX? TRADE? SELL? HELP!

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I have a predicament that I’m in and I hope to get info / see what others have done.

Bought a Mavic Pro off Amazon (first kinda mistake) when I got said drone I was super stoked and couldn’t wait to fly. Went online bought that dumb DJI care (not sure what I paid for still other then BS answers) none the less I have it. Did all my update to both RC / AC and went for flight the next day. Everything worked great and thought I couldn’t ask for more. Next had a couple issues pairing the RC to AC, did some research to find that other have had this issues also. (Got the drone working and paired for about 2 more flights)

This is when is got poopy...

Did another update that I thought I had already done but still proceed with as I have been advised by numerous other pilots to do. Now the RC wont connect....ever.

DJI has requested to have the RC sent in for a diagnostic and said that I may have to pay to have the RC replacement/parts/labor.

Ummm....why did I I get that care pkg? Nvm that now, and moving on.

Here’s the issue. I got a refund from Amazon(not the seller) because it turns out that the “Authorized DJI Dealer” sold me a REFURBISHED DRONE AND RC !!! This was confirmed by DJI support staff.

What am I supposed to do here folks?

>Return the RC/AC and get a new refurbished one in the chance that I get a bunk one again?
>Keep it a just fly the thing with my phone until i want to spent the $$ on a new controller?
>do I seek a buyer in hopes that they want to spend the extra cash on a controller?
>is there anyone out here in this forum that would trade for a Mavic Mini?

these are my questions and i hope that someone our world can help!

Also why I have not sent the RC in....
I got a new Mavic Air 2 with the return Money and I’m ultra satisfied with it, just want a Mavic Mini for the indoor shots what i want to get.

Cheers and hope to hear something haha

If you can fly the Mavic Pro directly from the phone, it means the AC is in wi-fi mode, check the switch on the AC is set to RC when you want to use the controller.
Then see if the RC connects

If this doesn't help, I would try all the options to get the RC to re-pair to the AC

1) refresh the firmware on both the Mavic Pro AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

2) Try the 2 different methods of pairing the RC and AC (note the AC and RC needs to be within 2m of each other )

If you can fly the Mavic Pro directly from the phone, it means the AC is in wi-fi mode, check the switch on the AC is set to RC when you want to use the controller.
Then see if the RC connects

If this doesn't help, I would try all the options to get the RC to re-pair to the AC

1) refresh the firmware on both the Mavic Pro AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

2) Try the 2 different methods of pairing the RC and AC (note the AC and RC needs to be within 2m of each other )

This a much appreciated post. Unfortunately i have gone through all these steps. Hence why i had t contact DJO and confirm that this drone pkg was a refurbished one that was obviously check by QC just before lunch. I know that i get in a rush when my stomach calls.

(And I switched the RC to WiFi because the RC wont pair on purpose)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d