DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sending back M2P

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I have several DJI drones and I’m sending back the M2P. I am waiting until they bring back the missing features that my MP has, period!

What are you thinking DJI. Expect my package!

Sorry to hear that. Can you tell us which features in particular you miss enough to send it back? They had Crystalsky issues that finally got addressed, so I think they might eventually get around to adding more features since the M2 has so many more sensors to allow autonomous flight.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Before I got the Mavic 2 Pro, I purchased a Typhoon H Plus. I was shocked that Yuneec axed a lot of the features that the original H had. I had a little bit of buyers remorse with that so I opted not to be patient and sent it back to get the M2P. I am really enjoying the size of the M2P. There is something to be said about the airframe of a hex but the M2P is built like a tank. I’m going to stick it out as I am confident that DJI will roll new features in.

Before I got the Mavic 2 Pro, I purchased a Typhoon H Plus. I was shocked that Yuneec axed a lot of the features that the original H had. I had a little bit of buyers remorse with that so I opted not to be patient and sent it back to get the M2P. I am really enjoying the size of the M2P. There is something to be said about the airframe of a hex but the M2P is built like a tank. I’m going to stick it out as I am confident that DJI will roll new features in.

I have a Typhoon Q500 4K and it can’t hold a candle to my M2P. I agree the DJI will keep rolling out fixes that will take full advantage of this little marvel.

I have several DJI drones and I’m sending back the M2P. I am waiting until they bring back the missing features that my MP has, period!

What are you thinking DJI. Expect my package!

That virtually guarantees those features will be reinstated by a firmware update in about a week. Thanks!

That virtually guarantees those features will be reinstated by a firmware update in about a week. Thanks!

If you want it to rain, wash your car!

DJI will release software revisions continuously just like the MP. There may also be hardware limitations that prevent features like precision landing from being implemented. For example, it could be a processing power limitation, (either due to processor speed and/or heating), or perhaps a sensor limitation of some type, or using 1 compass / 2 IMU vs. 2 compass / 1 IMU. e

Any hardware limitation is not going to be solved in any revision of software. You can modify code to offload processing from one MCU to another and optimize processor sharing, but they may be at their limit already. We may see some improvement while still not "getting back" the features that some of us use. It's also important to note that we are power-users and don't represent the majority of the DJI consumers, but DJI did miscalculate there would be this level negative feedback (along with the positive feedback).

IMHO, there are hardware limitations that will prevent bringing back features that some of us want, and to implement those would require new hardware - a Mavic 2 Platinum type release. The decision to buy the current M2P really needs to be made what it can do now, not in the future.

Last edited:
But as you said three times, we don't know.

The way I get around the precision landing thing is that I just land the MP2 myself.

The thing that’s strange about it is it’s not like the drone lands 100 yards away. While I want to be sympathetic to those that for some special circumstances need the drone to land EXACTLY where it took off through software I’m finding the outrage a little overboard for probably 99% of people ... I mean it still lands like... 5 feet from where it takes off without precision landing.
that’s still pretty precision compared to Hubsan and MJX

Add: I’m over here debating on dead pixels and how many stops to over expose DLog M and whether or not all flight modes should be able to to use manual camera settings and others are like “I’m sending it back because it lands itself 5 feet away” cest la vie

Last edited:
I doubt it is a hardware limitation. The M2 I'm sure has more computing resources than the ones that have precision landing. Besides, why the landing lights if it can't do P-landing due to hardware?
Now I can see signify code changes needed to employ the features so it was delayed.

That or its a marketing ploy.

Precision landing seems so overblown to me. I always fly my MP2 myself and have the automatic features in the background for a just in case. To me that's part of the joy of owning a drone, quadcopter, airplane, helicopter, truck, etc...

I have the landing protection turned off on my MP2 because it caused issues flying low over water with the MP1 (Not sure if the MP2 has th same issue). Realistically I could have turned off everything and I would never have a problem.

I do like to have some of the alerts on for when I am flying slower through tight obstacles but I have even turned them off while doing that because it does such a good job that It will stop your forward progress and ruin your video.

But as you said three times, we don't know.

The way I get around the precision landing thing is that I just land the MP2 myself.

I agree entirely... there are probably occasions when precision landing would be helpful but I prefer to land the thing myself. IMO there are much more important issues to be addressed like stability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan