DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Seneca Rocks, West Virginia - Vulture Encounter

Was that the Old Man route they had just topped out on - the first climbing group?
There are over 100 climbing routes at Seneca Rocks. It is hard to say the specific route that the first scene's climbers used that are shown in the "gunsight notch", but it appears they are following one of the Gunsight to South Peak routes from the west face. I say the west face because you can see a second climber just below the notch in the trees below.
Seneca-Rocks-Features.jpg
Peak Features photo courtesy of Cushman.
The second scene shows casual climbers with no gear. They simply hike up the non-technical 1.3 mile Seneca Trail from the parking area or visitor center and followed the trail up to the north shoulder where there is a viewing platform. From there you can simply, but carefully walk/climb out on top of the rocks on the North Peak.

Attachments

• 105925075_medium_1557950082.jpg
    105925075_medium_1557950082.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: NG Wildman
Nice video. Great job on the focus staying sharp in the rock while slightly bluring the background. That, and the parallax really enhanced the 3D effect.
Regarding the bird, I am convinced that was an eagle as they fly very differently than vultures.

Nice video. Great job on the focus staying sharp in the rock while slightly bluring the background. That, and the parallax really enhanced the 3D effect.
Regarding the bird, I am convinced that was an eagle as they fly very differently than vultures.
I agree it's a beautiful video, but not trying to be a douche, the bird is a Turkey Vulture, not any type of eagle.

Reactions: zinnware
Wow. Some breath-taking footage there. Beautifully filmed. I'd be happy to fly there but as for the rock climbing - no thanks!
Thanks for the compliment. I still need to work on my flying skills. As for climbing, I am not in this video but have climbed out to the pinnacle shown in the picture below located under the "t" in the words 'North Peak". It is about the same place as you see one of the casual climbers in a blue jacket and cap from the second scene.
Seneca-Rocks-Features.jpg
Peak Features photo courtesy of Cushman.

Last edited: