DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor help ?

SoapyGolem

Reactions
Hey guys so I have a question really on the sensors under the craft.... would these sensors work at all times even if you have low GPS bars or none? Because I got a weird error today i flown for a while and never had issues with the mavic pro.... I was way up in the mountains hill side, I had my Heli pad to land and take off... the hill was slightly slanted flattest spot I could find.... I took off having a great time but when I came back In I always manual land and came in slow.... when I was I was landing I got some error saying “sensor error land immediately” then still landed little sketchy.... didn’t crash or nothing.... then I tried taking off again to just see what the heck was that and got “low gps fly with caution” which is fine since I’m way in the mountains... just curious would the sensors turn off randomly or what would cause this? Thanks guys

Hey guys so I have a question really on the sensors under the craft.... would these sensors work at all times even if you have low GPS bars or none? ...
The sensors work at all times unless you turned them off. Then you are susceptible to a hard landing if you are not careful. GPS has no relation to the downward sensors. I don't know what the sensor error could be except a low-light condition. If it detected an uneven ground it may have given you an unsuitable to land message that you can override.

You might have some dirt in the sensors. I would try cleaning them first and if you get the error again try re-calibration.

You could also get comfortable hand launching and landing. Then you would not have to carry your heli pad or worry about uneven, dirty conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett