DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensors stoping my aircraft

Reactions
Hello all. My new M2P keeps stoping in mid flight due to sensors seeing stuff that it is not there. I find myself turning them off constantly to fly. Not only when looking directly at sun. Thanks for any feedback!

Check if any sand or grit is stuck between them?

Sounds like a warranty return to me! Assuming you have done a calibration. Is it only when flying forwards or randomly?

I will say as weird as it sounds, my sensors seem to be more sensitive when using an android device over apple. I use an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet, a Huawei Elate phone, and an iPhone 7 and have substantially fewer sensor warnings with my iPhone than any other device. I don’t understand the correlation other than accepting that DJI tends to play better with apple than android. Take my experience with a grain of salt, but that is my $0.02.

Reactions: M2P pilot Denver
as in flying along and goes into sudden stop? i do not know why, but it has to be more than a dirt speck. maybe a just a bug in the software.

this has happened to me a number of times. and no reason i can find. as it only happens every so often.

Reactions: M2P pilot Denver
Huh. Did you ask DJI customer support?

have you tried a sensor calibration to see if makes a difference if it is very sunny and you are flying into the sun it can fool the forward sensors to think there is an obstacle in front of the drone and stop it

Reactions: tleedom

Bought my mp2 in October and it started doing it after an update around thanksgiving. It was replaced under warranty after a lot of back and forth with DJI. New one is doing fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13