DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro September in Minnesota near the Mississippi River

As much as I love droning, I also enjoy the solitude of our National Parks, Forests, etc., so I absolutely don't mind being "overreached" in this case. There are literally millions of places to drone, but parks are immovable along with the wildlife that inhabit them. As someone said above, we are going to agree to disagree, but IMHO, I'd like to see MORE restrictions on flying even over Nat'l Parks.
I usually fly high above 300 feet when I’m over the river it’s barely audible if at all, definitely quieter than the airplanes flying around

Reactions: BingErr
If they do close the loophole, then I hope they reconsider many areas like this. Honestly flying my drone up and down the Mississippi a few times causes zero harm to wildlife and park goers, so I don't feel bad using the loophole to fly here. There were some people walking/hiking in the area but because of the wind and river noise I'm not sure any of those people even noticed my drone.

Another area that is way OVER restricted is the California Coastline managed by the Bureau of Land Management. It's literally 100s of miles of coastline that are restricted because they want birds to mate. To me this is government overreach or they just want to stick it to drone pilots. That's why people find a loophole or even fly illegally. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure many will disagree with my opinion.
I feel like the laws were put in place so drones don’t harass the wildlife and so that nature lovers aren’t subjected to a noisy drone over their heads while enjoying said nature. By standing outside the park (legally) and then flying into the park strikes me as away to skirt the the original spirit of the law and will simply lead to more restrictions. It’s always the few bad players that ruin it for the masses. I don’t mean to cast aspersions, I just think it’s just something we should all consider as responsible pilots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots