DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting Max Speed

SaffainNL

Reactions
HI All,

New to the Forum and hope to learn loads from you all. Recently got an Air 3 - love it.

I am located in the Netherlands. Within Europe, we are able to fly between 5m and 30m from people (with A2 licence), however, we need to activate low speed flight mode. This must have a max speed of 3m/s. I have set the RC to Cine mode to reduce speed. Does anyone know whether one can manually configure the max speed for the Air 3?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Does anyone know whether one can manually configure the max speed for the Air 3?
No .. there's no way to configure a particular speed.

Launch your Air 3 .. switch to Cine Mode .. push right stick fully forward and hold until the drone won't fly any faster .. observe the max speed it achieves.

Watch the Following:
Now that you know more have a go at it!
MOST people that want to change their "speed" really want to change their "Rates" and just dont understand this.

Reactions: Intrceptor
Thank you so much guys - really appreciated. It seems then, that the max speed can be set for the different flight modes, or at least, if one is flying between 5m and 30m from people, one can change it for that flight. Last thing we want to do (in addition to taking risks), is upset the authorities...

Really appreciated guys - thank you.

Reactions: Intrceptor
HI All,

New to the Forum and hope to learn loads from you all. Recently got an Air 3 - love it.

I am located in the Netherlands. Within Europe, we are able to fly between 5m and 30m from people (with A2 licence), however, we need to activate low speed flight mode. This must have a max speed of 3m/s. I have set the RC to Cine mode to reduce speed. Does anyone know whether one can manually configure the max speed for the Air 3?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Are you seeing signs of different enforcement this year with the rule changes which took effect this year?

Are the authorities actively monitoring whether drone fliers are complying with the rules?

Are you seeing signs of different enforcement this year with the rule changes which took effect this year?

Are the authorities actively monitoring whether drone fliers are complying with the rules?
Hi WCo81,

To be honest, I am new to drone flying after doing standard photography for a few years. it is therefore difficult for me to say whether I have noticed a change in behaviour from regulators since the implementation of the new rules.

Having said that, the Netherlands are notorious for their "abiding to rules" requirements and everything here has to always go by the books. With drones being able to be tracked by authorities, (including the settings), I would always recommend to stick to the rule-book.

Happy flying,

Click the three dots on the top right of the camera view, in the Controls tab there is an option called Gain & Expo, or something similar, enter that, then you can change the max speed.

No .. there's no way to configure a particular speed.
On new models like the Air 3 there is.

Regarding the speed requirements, are you sure Air 3 really needs to fly that slow ? Air 3 is a C1 drone, not C2. In my interpretation, the rules for C1 drones are a bit more liberal than those for C2. I have also an A2 "license", but that does not help much with my Air 2 ...

Regarding the speed requirements, are you sure Air 3 really needs to fly that slow ? Air 3 is a C1 drone, not C2. In my interpretation, the rules for C1 drones are a bit more liberal than those for C2. I have also an A2 "license", but that does not help much with my Air 2 ...
Does your Air 3 have a C1 label?

Would you run into trouble if you tried to fly your Air 2 as if it's a C1 drone, that is closer to people and buildings than permitted by C2 drones?

Just trying to get an idea of whether there is active enforcement that people are encountering in the EU.

I have not heard of any active enforcement in Finland. I would not publish a video that clearly shows flying close to people. So far I have only flown my Air 2 in environments that in my interpretation can be considered as A3 environments. Somebody else might have a different opinion on whether or not I have been in A3 airspace.

I have a couple of video ideas that require flying in definitely non-A3 airspace. As I have no C1-labeled drone, I have postponed making these videos.

I'm just curious if with more stringent laws, there is more active enforcement.

I also have a legacy drone and even the compliant drones, you can't get the CE labels here in the US.

Some have claimed, not this year but in previous years that some countries or cities do more actively enforce, like using Aeroscope to scan for unauthorized flights and hunting down the pilots.

But to have dedicated people to track down some hobbyist seems kind of extreme, unless a lot people were violating No Fly Zones often.

I can see for big events, like football matches or the Olympic Games, there would be proactive enforcement, authorities looking to stop any authorized flight in certain zones.

But in general, it seems like a lot of resources for drones when there are probably more serious things for law enforcement to try to address.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan